• This topic has 174 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by j_me.
Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • Site Updated
  • fisha
    Free Member

Overall I think it looks OK, but 2 things bug me

the text in the search fields is too light a colour … hard to see on some monitors.

the rounded buttons at the top of the page … their awful and really really tacky and out of date. cant they be made like the green bar above it where its rectangles with rounded corners.

aracer
    Free Member

I appreciate IE6 is really old and

Singletrack no longer supports your web browser

, but I must be far from the only person with no choice of browser for much of my “STW browsing” time. Anyway, most of the site still works just fine – the only glaring issue being the buttons above the reply box – they’re now each as wide as the reply box and stacked in a single column. The thing is, this used to work just fine, and the “enhancement” to this area was so subtle that I’d not even noticed anything had changed when using the site with a choice of browser at home. Can you not just change this little bit back?

I really hate the whole IE6 thing and that it’s been screwing up web standards for years, but it’s not my fault I have to use it!

tomdebruin
    Free Member

I really hate the whole IE6 thing and that it’s been screwing up web standards for years, but it’s not my fault I have to use it!

It is your fault. It’s all your fault.

aracer
    Free Member

cor, thanks – who’d have thunk you can still get web designers to make stuff IE6 compliant 😉

higgo
    Free Member

Sorry if this has been asked before but what’s going on with images being overlaid with text from the post below them?

If you look at this image there’s a couple of lines of text through it and the post below was empty (so I’m assuming the text has shifted up to where it would be if there wasn’t a pic there)…

tomdebruin
    Free Member

@higgo – what browser are you using there because I can’t replicate it.

higgo
    Free Member

IE8.

higgo
    Free Member

Same thread displays fine in Google Chrome.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

clubber
    Free Member

Having problems cropping an image for my avatar – just end up with a black square with a the bottom right quarter of the image I uploaded at top left of the avatar.

GreenK
    Free Member

Hi Tom,

With the Singletrack video player the aspect ratio gets lost when played full screen on a 4:3 monitor. i.e. it squeezes the sides. Fine on a widescreen laptop.

Chrome 7.0.517.44 on both.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I can’t find a way to logout if using opera mini

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Any log in or log out issues are most likely caused by cookie problems.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/help/faq/
    Why am I still logged into my web mail even after turning off Opera Mini?
    Opera Mini will never store your password on the servers. However, the Opera Mini server will keep track of any HTTP cookies that are set by any remote web server. If you return to a webpage that has set a cookie to keep track of who you are, the Opera Mini server will submit it again.

How do I erase the cookies?
    Choose Menu > Settings > Privacy > Clear cookies.

uluru
    Free Member

There’s no logout button. It appears in the dropdown when viewing on a computer but the dropdown doesn’t work on opera mini and there doesn’t seem to be a logout button anywhere else

j_me
    Free Member

Holy Huge Login Screen, Batman!

And not secure either, was that always the case?
    Quickly changes pasword.

Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Site Updated’ is closed to new replies.