• This topic has 174 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by j_me.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 175 total)
  • Site Updated
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Interesting how my minor quibble over the spacing is the same on the latest version of Skype. Is this all revamps for mobile users?

Drac

Working ok on good old NHS shonkyness although we do use IE8 which might help. Hard to tell what isn’t good and what’s this system though so will check at home with my big monitor and full maximised, it’s how I like it ok. Only 9 hours, maybe, to go.

Like the theme but can see what people mean by the blue of the hyperlinks but it’s ok for me.

Drac

Ah the ‘Send Post’ button text is very pale almost as if it was showing it’s disabled, as it is with other button of the same style i.e. ‘Skip to Top’

ChrisS
    Free Member

Blue is just too pale against the white background on the forum topic listing pages, it’s like squinting at text through the fog…..

ChrisS
    Free Member

Also far too much white space in between the elements above the actual text of a forum thread, I barely get the first couple of postings on the page when I first visit a thread, most of the screen is taken up with white space and banner stuff which I don’t care about. IMHO – obviously

Houns

Blimey!

Have to agree with this though

ChrisS – Member

Blue is just too pale against the white background on the forum topic listing pages, it’s like squinting at text through the fog..

it’s making my eyes hurt and i’ve only been on here a few seconds

fbk
    Free Member

Well I like it – very “fresh” 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks good to me, just takes a bit of getting used to. Anyone complaining will probably get used to it in a week or so and forget its even changed!

maxray
    Free Member

Blue is just too pale against the white background on the forum topic listing pages, it’s like squinting at text through the fog…..

Though you should be able to override colourschemes with your own settings in browser if you are visually impaired 😉

tomdebruin
    Free Member

And on that note I’ll not make any visual changes until next week at least. Time for everyone to acclimatise. I’m only interested in actual ‘this is broken’ stuff for the time being. And I’m going to have a nap now.

Houns

Just had a nosey round, i like it all bar the colour but as above i’ll see if i can play around with some settings, or at least sit here with sunglasses on

foxyrider
    Free Member

You need to use a customised default.css:

a { color: #3c7bbe; }
    a:hover, a:active { color: #888; }
    a:focus { outline: 1px dotted #ccc; }

maybe:

a { color: #458B00; }
    a:hover, a:active { color: #888; }
    a:focus { outline: 1px dotted #ccc; }

however there are a few more blue bits 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Android 2.2 and the search bar is obscuring the Shop link

Cougar

Heeeeey, avatar improvements! You can upload pics from your PC now.

\o/

molgrips
    Free Member

What happened to ‘no replies since’? I used to rely on that.

I’m not a stick in the mud btw, I like change.. just looking at the ergonomics 🙂

xiphon
    Free Member

Suggestion – can external links open a new window? *really* annoying to visit a site, then search back through the history to find STW.

And yes, I know I could hold down CTRL (FF)

oxym0r0n

lol – I’m glad I reached here at 11:19, as you must have been very busy this morning judging by comments on here!!!!

I really like the new “fresh” look, and the blue is easy to read on my 13.5″ widescreen.

Might have a bit more of a delve later and turn “on” the adverts, just to see what that looks like 😉

wwaswas

anyone else getting ‘text only’ layout?

[Edit] Ctrl F5 seemed to sort it.

ChrisS
    Free Member

You need to use a customised default.css:

The day I have to start producing my own customised style sheets to make a website usable is the day I stop bothering with the website entirely.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Just made the blue links slightly darker (all your monitors suck!) and there’s no need for a custom stylesheet and I will decide where a window or tab opens. I won’t have a website control me like that. 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just spotted on the Forum Activity list:

No Replies since has disappeared

It now just shows the last posting time which may or may not be your own posting.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Good response – It now says None

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I said that too WCA 🙂

Oh and the mouseover for recent poster has changed from a popup to a standard tooltip and backto a popup.

Tooltip was better since it doesn’t appear immediately and annoy you when you are just moving your mouse around.

GrahamS

Yeah, what WCA says.

When I go to that page what I really want to know is, has anyone replied to any thread I’ve posted on since I last looked at it.

The “No replies since” at least let me see which ones I’d got the last word in 🙂

(Ideally I’d like any threads that the current user has contributed to, to be gently highlighted on the main thread list and then maybe have a badge or extra highlighting if there have been new replies since he/she last read it – but I realise that is a logistical nightmare to code and manage)

GrahamS

Good response – It now says None

Lol fixed while I was typing. Good work that’s much better (though if I’m being picky, just blank or a little dash might be a bit more visually distinct)

ebygomm
    Free Member

There aren’t any stripes in the forum post list, i.e. one post white, next grey. I’m sure they were there earlier.

M6TTF
    Free Member

love the new look – massive improvement on the old forum, well done chaps

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Excellent new look, can’t understand why so many folk have to moan. If it’s that bad, get out on your bloody bike and go for a ride instead 😆

MrNutt
    Free Member

what the fxck just happened?!? one minute everything was red, white and black with some fella on a bike in the top left now its all gone iSingletrack!?! where’s the luddite mode??

ebygomm
    Free Member

The lack of stripes is an Ie7 thing, I’ve got stripes on opera mini

sheldona
    Free Member

My user name has disappeared and I can’t get it back.

GrahamS

can’t understand why so many folk have to moan.

Are you new here?

ChrisS
    Free Member

Blue seems better now – ta.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Graham – relatively, but I’m a quick learner 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

Most of us are offering constructive criticism.

spooky_b329

Long links still appear to be overflowing into the right hand advert area. Or is it just me that is having that problem? Using chrome.

GrahamS

Have you ditched the ability to have some “About Me” text in our profiles?

How come but?

Beagleboy

Waaaaay Heyyyy!

It works again! I haven’t been able to view the forum on my lab computer* for months, but now it’s working again! Oh Frabulous day. 🙂

*Ahem…Firefox V2 running on a Win 98 (not even 2nd ed.) Pentium 3.

(Is the site running a bit slow for anyone else?) 😳

B.

Drac

Graham you have to re-enter the details, select your profile and then click ‘edit profile’.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Site Updated’ is closed to new replies.