• This topic has 174 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by j_me.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 175 total)
  • Site Updated
  • stumpy01

Looks fine to me on Chrome (version 7.0.517.41 if that makes any difference).
    I like the new look & the black borders either side look like the default wallpaper on my phone.

Not really had a massive look around the site as of yet though.

Not too sure what the point/advantage of the grey bar that hovers transluscently at the top of the screen….but not a problem, just not sure what it provides.

Just had a quick look on the default browser on my HTC Desire and looks ok on there too.

Stoner
    Free Member

stumpy can you check your desire again.

double tap and do some pinching and scrolling and see what happens to the grey floater for me please?

JustGoRide
    Free Member

Looks great, a massive improvement.

I can share you browser compatibility pain! I gave up supporting IE6 a long time ago. I wish some of these companies which force their employees to use it would just realise that browsers are free and IE6 is utter rubbish!

Stoner
    Free Member

justgoride – you should meet one of my clients. They built an entire company intranet workspace around IE6 so they’re wedded to it at the cost of browsing external sites. Theyre now in the process of moving everything over to new “standards” to keep it all going 🙄

andrewy

Ooh yes, that new grey background’s better, much easier on the eyes 🙂

the-muffin-man

The black is gone – Ta!! 😀

verses

Floating grey bar sticks to the top of the page on my HTC Desire’s Dolphin browser (page, not screen. i.e. doesn’t float). I just updated Dolphin to the newly released 4.0 last night, so might be worth trying that (if you’re not already).

On the whole I’m happy enough with the changes, but dislike the blue font used for the list of topics.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Overall the only issue seems to be the blue text.

It is a very nice shade of blue, but not the easiest to read on a white background.

Stoner
    Free Member

Another problem with the grey floaty bar Tom:

when you click on “last post” link from the main forum page the page scroll that it sends you to hides the last posters name behind the grey bar so you cant see who the last poster was without scrolling up a bit.

all in all, grey floaty thing gets nil points from me.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Looks good and works well in Opera Mobile 10.1 Beta 2 – no more massive space to the right. Not such an improvement in FF 3.6.12, a bit fresher I suppose.

Really don’t care for floating bars, never really undertood their point.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

One bugette in my iPhone is when switching from portrait to landscape viewing within a post causes a big black square so I can’t see the First few posts anymore. If Im already in landscape and go into the post all is good.

Stoner
    Free Member

verses – Ive just updated to v4 and same problem if you pinch to zoom and then scroll the grey bar gets stuck in the middle of the page somewhere.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

hard refresh: user-bar is fixed at the top.

IE7 forum buttons, fixed?

clubber
    Free Member

Looks a little washed out to me but otherwise it’s good – like the hover over ‘last poster’ bit.

Preferred classifieds all in one place but I can live with the split.

A list of the changes would be good just to make sure we don’t miss anything 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

IE7 forum buttons fixed for me

verses

That’s very odd Stoner. For me the grey floaty bar stays at the top of the page and doesn’t move. As soon as I zoom (pinch or double-tap) or scroll down I can’t see it any more as it’s glued to the top of the page.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Grey floaty bar – brilliant. Was always a pain scrolling back to the top to log in to reply to something. Ignore everyone else, keep it 😉

Though can it return me to where I’d scrolled to when I clicked it… not that I’m fussy or anything

Stoner
    Free Member

hard refresh: user-bar is fixed at the top.

lovely. ta.

still no tabbed button highlights on chrome…

Stoner
    Free Member

Was always a pain scrolling back to the top to log in to reply to something.

eh?
    dont you use cookies?

molgrips
    Free Member

Black blackground looks even worse on my biggerer 24″ glossy monitor at work. Just loads of reflections now in the black areas on the glossy screen

If you surf with a maximised window on a big monitor you deserve all you get. Silly billy.

I was also going to complain about the sticky login bar but then it went, so I was then going to point out intermittent functionality in Chrome.. but then I read that you’d removed it 🙂 Good work!

The text is washed out for me tho too. Hard to read.. is it now grey or something?

Stoner
    Free Member

verses – tom has fixed the bar to the top. maybe when you first checked was after he had made the change already.

its now fixed to the top properly in my android browsers.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and I’m not sure about the ‘last poster’ thing on mousing over the freshness either. Do we really need to know who was the last poster? We need to know if anyone has posted (which I get from the profile screen) not who it is. Unless it’s Barnes, in which case I can wait for someone else to post before clicking 😉

stumpyjon

Looking good, much clearer now, better colour scheme. Good work.

Cougar

Floaty bar no longer floats in Firefox (non-mobile).

ebygomm
    Free Member

Molgrips where do you find if anyone else has posted after you on the profile screen? I miss it

phil.w
    Free Member

my user name on my posts seems to have changed to philw-1 yet my account & login still has me as phil.w – have i done somthing wrong?

the-muffin-man

If you surf with a maximised window on a big monitor you deserve all you get. Silly billy.

See my additional post further down! 😉

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Eh? What’s this black background you’re talking about? Mine’s white.

My only criticism is that the text and news thumbnails are all much more spread out now, which means I can’t see as much without scrolling around. Not the end of the world, but not as good as it was.

elliptic
    Free Member

Ditto the pale blue text – too washed out, make it darkerer?

Also, it clashes horribly with lime green.

soobalias
    Free Member

its a gopping blue colour
    the noddy formatting buttons are huge

IE6 🙁

mmannerr

IMO it is still a work in progredd and it’s not because I’m opposing the change:
    – too much blinking and moving content on the front page – intentional to drive people to premier?
    – right side ads, search box and top ad do not line at all, why not.
    – contents area too much boxed and divided, white space on the left side of Singletrack text
    – News and Reviews headers are not the same height
    – Magazine and web site do not share enough visual style.

Cheers!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Working great on the iPhone. Mrs deadly is doing complex graphic design type stuff on her Fisher Price machine upstairs so don’t know how it looks there.

Don’t pay any attention to Stoner. He’s obviously not got much on his plate this morning.

gothandy

tomdebruin amazing work on these rapid fire fixes.

Don’t suppose you can remove the #333 background colour on the body as it still gives a nasty dark background during the page build. Bet you hate having so many techies on this forum!! Sorry 🙂

It is a great improvement and clearly a lot of effort has gone in!

EDIT Looks like it has been done on some pages??

2nd EDIT: All fixed up, and looking very white 😉

pedalhead
    Free Member

My 2c… reading individual threads is much improved, nice & clear, though the forum pages don’t work so well for me. Mid blue text on a white background is a bit harder on the eyes. Also, I fear the Wanted forum will be a ghost town now. Would definitely suggest a combined for sale/wanted view as per chat/bike.

Stoner
    Free Member

Don’t pay any attention to Stoner. He’s obviously not got much on his plate this morning.

pffft. Im waiting on a call.
    What are you doing? polishing your saw blades? Shouldn’t you be out making mess and noise somewhere? 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I seem to have lost the capitalisation on my username…..I feel…so….informal 😥

Stoner
    Free Member

jamie – it’s communism I tell thee.

Next thing you know our names will be wiped and we’ll be known by our registration number instead….

Stoner
    Free Member

Just logged out and back in again with Stoner (capitalised “s”) let’s see if it remembers…

EDIT. Nope.

I’m calling the grammar police as I type…

Jamie
    Free Member

The annoying things is on the status bar at the top it is capitalised, as is the username when hovering over the link to see who posted last.

Consistency dammit! 8)

tomdebruin
    Free Member

I’m fixing the username issue now. It’s because of the previous ability to have a display name different to your username. Obviously people abused that but there is still fallout from it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Site Updated’ is closed to new replies.