Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sit bones, Arnica, pill or cream?
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Ok, so after a looong time no riding, I’m now getting back on the saddle… with the associated softened sit bones that are now in the process of ‘toughening’ up.

Question is… presumably, Arnica will help the recovery, but which form to use? The sugar pill and let it dissolve slowly under the toungue? Or mebbe applying liberal amounts of cream and trying not to get jiggy with the prostrate?

rootes1

just build your miles/riding time up slowly.

toys19
    Free Member

arnica=homeopathic twaddle

Spin
    Free Member

arnica=homeopathic twaddle

The pills are homeopathic twaddle as you say. The cream might be classed as a herbal or traditional remedy. There is evidence that the active ingredient has some effect on bruising but I don’t know if this has been proven for an actual preparation.

miner29er
    Free Member

Jesus Alice – it’s only pain. Enjoy it.

toys19
    Free Member

according to wikipedia it’s useless in any preparation.
    Wikipedia must be true because:
    a) its on the internet
    b) its in colour

brooess
    Free Member

Softer saddle/better shorts to make the easing-in period less painful?

flap_jack
    Free Member

1 Bones don’t go soft.

2 Get a saddle that fits.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A lot of women swear by arnica for recovery from bruising after childbirth. Of the various forms the simple tablets are what you want (no creams, no sugar pills). Just try some and see if it works for you.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Actually arnica cream does help disperse severe bruising-I used to use it when playing rugby. But, what you need to do is as per a previous post, better shorts or more likely better fitting saddle.
    I just had nearly 4 weeks off riding and went to Forest of Dean for the day combining some trails with the waymarked stuff and ended up with minimal soreness that appeared and eased after a couple of hours the day after the ride.
    A very common mistake is to get a saddle that is wider than you actually need as everyone always thinks their arse is larger than it actually is or even if you have a large rear it does not mean that you have wide sit bones.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sit bones, Arnica, pill or cream?’ is closed to new replies.