• This topic has 21,651 replies, 378 voices, and was last updated 9 hours ago by rone.
Viewing 40 posts - 6,401 through 6,440 (of 21,652 total)
  • Sir! Keir! Starmer!
  • Pook

Starsmear

If you’re going to try to give the man a nickname based on his name at least try to make it vaguely sound like it.

Starmeh

Blahmer

ElShalimo

Or a proper anagram

STARMER

Ramster

Armrest

Tsarmer

Mr Taser

binners

Mr Taser has a good ring to it

Maybe he could burnish his law’n’order credentials by actually tasering somebody?

An illegal immigrant perhaps, while stood in front of a row of Union jacks?

ernielynch

Starsmear could have had big audiences to get in front of yesterday had he been an anti-racist. Shame really.

According to Melanie Philips Keir Starmer is, despite being married to a Jew and agreeing to his children being brought up as Jews, is part of an anti-jewish conspiracy :

https://www.thejc.com/comment/opinion/starmer-and-labour-are-still-yoked-to-a-holy-war-on-the-jews-1.516670

Although to be fair Melanie Philips regularly also attacks Jews who don’t share her deep hatred of the Palestinian people.

And her hatred goes deep, as this article in the Jewish Chronicle in which she’s a little less restraint shows

https://www.thejc.com/comment/columnists/why-starmer-can-never-succeed-1.501684

The interesting thing about Melanie Philips is that she is every bit as hate filled as Katie Hopkins. But unlike Hopkins she still gets away with it.

I guess anyone who criticises her is likely to face accusations of being anti-Semitic.

kerley
    Free Member

Maybe he could burnish his law’n’order credentials by actually tasering somebody?

An illegal immigrant perhaps, while stood in front of a row of Union jacks?

Sad to say but that would probably increase his ratings such is the audience he has to play to.

kerley
    Free Member

The interesting thing about Melanie Philips is that she is every bit as hate filled as Katie Hopkins. But unlike Hopkins she still gets away with it.

Probably helped by the fact that no-one is listening to her. I didn’t even know who she was.

Once she has a few slots on TV and a column in a newspaper that may change.

kelvin

Lucky you Kerley. She used to be everywhere all the time… TV, radio, press… but then she went full bat shit anti Muslim crazy, and you now hear much less of her.

ernielynch

She still writes for the Times and several jewish publications. You have to assume that she has some influence. Can’t imagine that the Times pays someone for articles no one reads.

Anyway the point is that even the mildest criticism of Israel gets denounced as anti-Semitism, as in Starmer’s case in Jewish publications

ernielynch

At least in pro-zionist Jewish publications.

It should never be forgotten that some of the world’s most outspoken critics of Israel are Jews.

DrJ

It should never be forgotten that some of the world’s most outspoken critics of Israel are Jews.

True, but at the same time, Israel is a democracy so one must assume that the brutal occupation has general support of the public there.

binners

From the vox pops on the news most of the inhabitants of Israel seem to have just relocated there from New York or Florida

El-bent
    Free Member

I think Baby-Boomers, with their legacy of hard won freedoms and civil rights resent being lectured at by people that they think should perhaps hold them in higher regard.

But they didn’t win any of that, their parents did. They were the golden generation, they had the jobs for life, the pensions, the property, access to the social state. That would breed a degree of selfishness, so then they proceeded to p*ss it down the toilet for the generations that followed when they voted for thatcher in 1979, and they got the added benefits of tax cuts, increased property prices etc.

And finally, alot of them voted for Brexit, Like my father did. Boomers are the sh*t generation.

kerley
    Free Member

Lucky you Kerley. She used to be everywhere all the time… TV, radio, press

Now I have looked her up I realise I am aware of her I just didn’t recognise the name.

rone

State of this. Starmer achieved this with an easy ride from the papers too.

In Labour’s defence I do think things might start to fall apart *soon for the Tories – when we get back to market economies and continue the trajectory downwards as per before the pandemic.

However, Labour are in a terrible place now and are showing no signs of capitalising on anything.

There’s a short-term uptick in inflation (still downward long term) but it illustrates massive supply issues of consumer products. That will bite hard eventually.

*Don’t know how soon is though!

kelvin

The gap will widen further still, once the June restrictions are lifted (even if they get delayed for a few weeks) and the vast majority of the adult population are vaccinated (ahead of neighbouring countries). I have no answer to that… and I’m unsurprised that Starmer doesn’t either… I’m just preparing for it. Johnson may well be able to boast of a few 50% poll results over the summer, and then the knives will really be out (and not just for Starmer) in the Labour Party. Johnson’s most effective attacks on the opposition are along the line of, “Labour are sniping from the sidelines, while we get on with things”. It’s very effective, because a lot of voters do repeat the “Labour aren’t making a difference to our lives” line.

kimbers

Yup I could see Johnson just peaking at 50% as we open up fully

Can’t see there’s anything Starmer can do about it either

Will be autumn before Starmer has a hope of regaining some momentum (unless Johnson fks up massively between now & then)

BillMC

The biggest racists I know are zionists, they seem to encourage racist attitudes as that justifies apartheid and ethnic cleansing, ‘We’re only like everyone else’. Seeing Palestinian flags hanging out of cars would suggest to me that Starmey Archer (is that any better?) is on to another vote loser.

BillMC

And there you have it:
    Britain Elects
    @BritainElects
    · 6h
    Westminster voting intention:

CON: 46% (+1)
    LAB: 28% (-2)
    LDEM: 8% (+1)
    GRN: 8% (-)
    REFUK: 2% (-)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The biggest racists I know are zionists,

It’s like a poker player’s tell.

Starmey Archer (is that any better?)

Don’t ever give up. These are hilarious.

ctk
    Free Member

Keir non-Starter

ctk
    Free Member

Labour really need to have some sort of imaginative, positive plan for Britain.

Am I wrong to assume they’ve been hatching one over the recent months?

ernielynch

Labour really need to have some sort of imaginative, positive plan for Britain.

Won’t that make them vulnerable to criticism?

I can’t imagine Starmer being that stupid.

Far better to stage hilarious stunts like going shopping for wallpaper in John Lewis.

Oh how he grabbed the imagination of the British people with that one.

And I was in hysterics.

grum
    Free Member

Good to see the Labour centrists are letting go of the vendetta against Corbyn and moving on with articulating their vision for the country.

https://news.sky.com/story/call-for-jeremy-corbyn-to-be-investigated-over-failure-to-declare-legal-costs-support-12316067

This is the same Neil Coyle who called Brexit supporters ‘fat old racists’, clearly the man to help shed the party’s image as elitist London-centric remoaners.

kelvin

What’s it got to do with Starmer?

Setting up a limited company, in your own name, to handle support and donations, and not publish the sources of that money… well, as an MP he’s just going to have to eventually, isn’t he.

grum
    Free Member

It’s been regularly claimed on here that there is no ‘war on the left’ etc in the Labour party, this is another example of how that isn’t true. We are also regularly told the left of the party need to stop their factional in-fighting and tow the party line, but that doesn’t seem to cut both ways.

If JC did something wrong then fine but it looks very much like a personal grudge being played out.

Pretty obvious how that relates to Starmer isn’t it? Besides no one had anything else much to say about him because he’s largely irrelevant.

kelvin

How does it relate to Starmer?

Should Corbyn, as an MP, declare where his funds are coming from (if any individual donations are over the limit above which they should be declared in the list of members interests)?

And why not put this in the Corbyn thread?

grum
    Free Member

You don’t think the conflict between different elements of the Labour party being played out in the media has anything to do with the leader of the Labour party? Interesting…

I know nothing about JC’s expenses or the rules and if he’s done something wrong of course he should be reprimanded same as anyone else.

I think Coyle just can’t get over the classic ‘sorry I don’t recognise this number’ putdown 😆

https://labourlist.org/2020/09/bermondsey-labour-mp-neil-coyles-texts-to-jeremy-corbyn-revealed/

kelvin

I know nothing about JC’s expenses or the rules and if he’s done something wrong of course he should be reprimanded same as anyone else.

Well, if Starmer says anything about this, he should probably echo what you’ve said there (apart from the ignorance of the rules bit). If he has any sense, he’ll just ignore it.

binners

War on the left?

Get a grip

Seems like just yet another example of the paranoid, tinfoil-helmet bunker mentality of ‘the left’ indulging in their very favourite pastime… manufacturing grievances to then become very publicly outraged about.

You can’t exactly criticise Johnson for his dodgy funding, when your own former leader was guilty of the same, can you?

But then again, we all know that Jeremy is sainted deity who can never possibly be guilty of anything, ever, under any circumstances, and to even suggest that he is anything other than a living god is to commit heresy.

So… what’s this got to do with Starmer? Other than being yet another Corbyn-related PITA he could well do without? He’s like a particularly determined floater, isn’t he?

dazh

How does it relate to Starmer?

Oh come off it if you don’t think this continued factional nonsense is being led from Starmer’s office then you’re naive in the extreme. Especially as it comes off the back of accusations that Nick Brown was demoted because he was in favour and working towards restoring the whip to Corbyn. They’re obsessed, and it provides more evidence to the fact that the single ambition of Starmer’s leadership is not to win elections, but to drive the left out of the party so they can remain in control. Labour as a political force against the tories are going nowhere til Starmer is removed as leader. He needs to go now. Not that I’ll be voting against him that is, as it’s just been confirmed my membership has been closed 🙂

binners

Oh come off it if you don’t think this continued factional nonsense is being led from Starmer’s office then you’re naive in the extereme.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

True, but at the same time, Israel is a democracy so one must assume that the brutal occupation has general support of the public there.

I think your assumption says more about you than it does about Israeli opinion as always in this desperate issue there is complexity. If any situation summed up “I wouldn’t start from here” it’s Israel/ Palestine.

grum
    Free Member

Another copy and paste binners post. Could do with the 6000th posting of a Life of Brian pic too just to complete it.

I dunno about co-ordinating it but I doubt it’s been done without approval from Starmer’s office.

dazh

Binners honestly man this tinfoil hat thing you do whenever anyone suggest that politicians are scheming and plottiing against each other is really silly. That’s literally all they exist for, and the right wing of the labour party are particularly obsessed with it. The problem is that unlike their tory friends they’re not very good at it, and as a result the labour party looks like the craven, self-obsessed bunch of amateurs that the public rightfully think they are.

binners

I dunno about co-ordinating it but I doubt it’s been done without approval from Starmer’s office.

Do you know how politics actually works?

I’d imagine that he’s more important things to be doing rather than plotting against some beardy has-been. I would imagine that when this cropped up Starmer thought “Oh FFS!! That washed-up old **** is back in the headlines again. Will he not just **** off to his allotment, once and for all?!”

I know that your delusions about your messiah don’t allow for this, the thought of the universe not revolving around him (and by vicarious extension, you) but rather than project him back into onto the publics view, they’d much rather he just ****ed off for good.

They’ve their work cut out quite enough clearing up the car crash he left, without helping him add to it.

If anyone wants Magic Grandad front and centre, its Tory central office. He still seems to want to continue his roll as the gift that never stops giving on behalf of the conservative party. A roll his disciples seem massively enthusiastic in supporting him with.

One things for sure, Corbyns bottomless narcissism will be loving this, I’m sure he’s absolutely revelling in his victim status, and loving the tedious persecution complex so beloved of those on ‘the left’ as they rush to defend him in their Twitter echo chambers. Combative virtue signalling ahoy. “I love Jeremy more than you do”

binners

Binners honestly man this tinfoil hat thing you do whenever anyone suggest that politicians are scheming and plottiing against each other is really silly. That’s literally all they exist for

All politicians exist for is to plot and scheme against each other?

Erm… righty ho.

grum
    Free Member

Oh dear binners. U ok hun?

binners

I’m fine sweatheart.

You?

dissonance

I’d imagine that he’s more important things to be doing

Good point. He has been busy, checks notes, supporting the Primrose Hill Park curfew.

grum
    Free Member

He can find the time for a 3 hour interview with Piers Morgan, and for looking at all those focus group reports.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,401 through 6,440 (of 21,652 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.