• This topic has 21,683 replies, 378 voices, and was last updated 3 minutes ago by dazh.
Viewing 40 posts - 6,321 through 6,360 (of 21,684 total)
  • Sir! Keir! Starmer!
  • ernielynch

It’s a well-known fact that only Jewish comedians can make jokes about Jews.

Are you Jewish dazh?

Are you even a comedian?

I’m not sure if you are allowed to laugh at a joke about a Jew if you are not Jewish yourself. Probably not. Although if you are Jewish you have a cultural responsibility to laugh. It’s a minefield out there in comedyland.

binners

Afternoon comrade.

Stand back folks. The other one of the Chuckle Brothers is here 😉

It’s fun, fun, fun from here on in…

nickc

A Jewish woman was at the beach with her son, when a huge wave washed him out sea. All of a sudden the clouds parted, a heavenly trumpeter sounded and God himself plucked the little boy out of the sea and returned him to safety on the beach.

The woman grabbed him hugged him, and lifting her head to the heavens said “He had a hat…”

dazh

Where’s the report buttton..

nickc

it’s not that bad a joke.

ernielynch

That’s a bit tasteless binners. As a pasty-eating northern comedian yourself you must be aware that one of the Chuckle Brothers died a while back.

Superficial
    Free Member

Walks into thread.
    Walks right out again Grandpa Simpson style.

binners

You know I love you really, Ernie 🙂

ernielynch

Well I’ve always been moved and embarrassed by your special artwork dedicated to me.

Btw how’s your colouring in been going recently, any nice pictures on your mum’s fridge?

nickc

If that hasn’t got a 5 minute intro by MrLololo on it,  I’m not buying it

rone

Thought this survey was interesting.

bridges
    Free Member

If you want to see a non-Jew doing Jewish comedy, Eddie Murphy’s your man:

Sublime.

Pook

Binners,  don’t bring the Chuckle Brothers into this.

Good Rotherham lads, both

kelvin

It is interesting. Interesting in that we have a multi party electorate, especially amongst young voters, and a voting system that means the Conservatives
    are very happy about that.

dazh

It is interesting.

The rest of the thread would seem to disagree. If you talk about drinking, or jews, or ideally both you get a much better response. Bridges will even report you for good measure. 🙂

kerley
    Free Member

The Green party are clearly better than Labour, which is why I vote for them 🙂

And that explains why they are neck and neck with Labour on elected MPs

kerley
    Free Member

Bridges will even report you for good measure.

Or at the least demand an apology

kelvin

If we had PR, I’d probably be voting Green as well. As would millions of others. But if we did so now, they might get a few more Green MPs, but the Conservative’s lead on seat count would be increased, not decreased, thanks to FPTP. The Tory hold on power would be even stronger.

Of course, we might soon find that Lucas is the exception rather than the rule, and those few extra Green MPs aren’t anywhere close to contributing what she is able to do in parliament, and go sulking back to an ever weaker Labour Party at the following election. I’m pretty sure the experiment wouldn’t be worth the conservative government our “wasted” votes would enable.

BillMC

Now Armrest has Beckett suspended from the LP for offending Patel. Deary me. Can you imagine the tories suspending one of their own for offensive comments or * behaviour?

rone

More to the right please.

Let’s just keep re-aligning our vacuous visionless position as the Tories move to a defined political position – we can be always be 20 degress closer to them – because you know Blair etc.

Don’t ask us what we are doing though.

(Think Ian Dunt was a bit premature when he announced a functioning opposition was coming.)

rone

Now Armrest has Beckett suspended from the LP for offending Patel. Deary me. Can you imagine the tories suspending one of their own for offensive comments or * behaviour?

I can’t tell if this is inverted wokeism or just good old fashioned anti-woke. I’ve no idea. Hate the term but someone is going to be jumping through lots of hoops on Talk Radio

kelvin

The people of Glasgow did a great thing yesterday. The calls should be for Patel to removed as a minister. Calling for her to be deported could be seen as playing with racism, don’t you think?

BillMC

Someone said on here he drinks a lot. I did wonder about his jowly face and comfy body and thought it was just desserts. Maybe the irritability, starey eyes, his love of the suspensions and the sack come from that.

binners

Put yourself in Starmers position. He’ll have read that comment and thought “Oh FFS?!!”.As would anyone else.

What a bloody stupid thing to say! It’d be an idiotic thing to say if you were talking to a mate in the pub, but to put it out on Twitter? Seriously? There are all manner of ways you can criticise Patel, for all manner of very legitimate reasons, but saying she should be deported is just brainless for very obvious reasons

kelvin

Well, this should be enough to get his suspension rescinded…

binners

He’s managed the seemingly impossible. He’s given Priti Patel the opportunity to take the moral high ground. Quite an achievement

nickc

Now Armrest has Beckett suspended from the LP for offending Patel.

Not really. he suspended him for being racist.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Not really. He suspended him for saying something that could be interpreted out of context as racist but wasn’t

Stupid but not racist

binners

He’s suspended him for being an idiot. See also: Rebecca Long-Bailey and Jeremy Corbyn

ernielynch

Not really. he suspended him for being racist.

And is he a racist?

Is the allegation true?

ernielynch

The interesting question is whether Priti Patel is a racist.

She’s certainly had a few brown people deported.

And if she had been Home Secretary in 1971 her parents would have been deported for having insufficient funds/no guaranteed employment.

Although presumably she can’t be called a racist as she isn’t white Anglo-Saxon.

Ultimately the question is whether calling for deportations makes you a racist.

The answer appears to be yes if your name is Beckett, no if your name is Patel

binners

The interesting question is whether Priti Patel is a racist.

Thats a completely separate discussion

The fact of the matter is that the Tory party, somewhat unbelievably, has a very diverse front bench. Labour most definitely doesn’t, and never has had.

So to have a senior labour figure publicly calling on social media for an BAME woman who is the daughter of immigrants to be deported is absolutely moronic, whatever it is she has or hasn’t done

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It matters because he’s just handed the Tories a stick to batter labour with, true or not. Next time labour try and get a message out someone will pipe up with “how’s your racist mate?”

ernielynch

Thats a completely separate discussion

The fact that it’s a completely separate discussion doesn’t mean that it’s not an interesting question.

Aren’t you interested in interesting questions binners?

binners

If you want to discuss it then start a thread ‘Is Priti Patel a racist?’

I’m sure its presently a hot topic on Twitter

But the topic we’re presently on here is ‘is Howard Beckett an idiot?’

To which the answer is a resounding yes

He’s managed to overshadow an absolutely brilliant thing that happened in Glasgow yesterday and somewhat unbelievably handed the narrative to the Tory Party. Absolute idiocy!

ernielynch

But the topic we’re presently on here is ‘is Howard Beckett an idiot?’

Actually it isn’t. You know damn well that the topic is whether it is racist, or could be seen to be racist, to call for someone’s deportation.

I pointed out that Patel is clearly responsible for deportations and reasonably asked if that made her a racist.

I’ll remind you that Patel is a vital character in this story.

dazh

I have no idea who Howard Beckett is. Given I’m a somewhat obsessive watcher of politics (I have no idea why tbh) I don’t think the labour party has much to worry about.

kerley
    Free Member

Actually it isn’t. You know damn well that the topic is whether it is racist, or could be seen to be racist, to call for someone’s deportation.

He is clearly an idiot and maybe a racist. I am not racist and it would never cross my mind to suggest someone should be deported, whatever they did or said so makes you think eh?

Is Patel a racist. Most probably, as are most of the tory party probably are. The evidence in how races have been/are being treated is all there.

ernielynch

and it would never cross my mind to suggest someone should be deported

Why ever not? You think all deportations should be banned?

nickc

You know damn well that the topic is whether it is racist, or could be seen to be racist, to call for someone’s deportation. I’ll remind you that Patel is a vital character in this story.

When someone makes the comment that a British woman of Indian heritage should be deported  and given that Priti Patel is as English as I am, where to? That falls (to me at least) into casual racism. Now, I understand that what he meant was that she deports a bunch of folk, and that in his opinion she should go instead. Any one with half a brain would look at the tweet he wrote, and say “Y’know, that’s not a great look”, and delete it. But he didn’t. and as he’s in a public role, he can’t be surprised to get some push back that that decision.

dumb with a side helping of ****wittery (oops, apologies)

Viewing 40 posts - 6,321 through 6,360 (of 21,684 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.