Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Sir Hugh Munro – 100 years since his death
  • tjagain

Alternative spelling. I don’t know which spelling the monroists generally use or why but “the compleat angler” is an old book where I first found this spelling. As scotroutes used compleat I guessed thats the monroists term hence I used it

thelawman

226 done, so slightly fewer than 60 left. However, at the recent rate of 3 or 4 a year, I’ll likely be well into my 70s, so I might have to pick things up a bit. The other main problem is that my mate Trevor compleated in 2014, and has also done all the tops now too… so whenever we head north of the border, we’re tending towards the Corbetts now which he’s working through.
    Bikes have been used on approaches a few times, but we often aim to include a night out wild camping, so taking them up & over hasn’t been tried yet as we’re carrying plenty of kit as it is. But we see tracks much more frequently these days, implying someone’s at it a lot of the time (hello Scotroutes and Munrobiker, I guess)

duckman

Maybe it was a typo in the first ever report? When…slip of the chisel on the stone tablet then.

13thfloormonk

Hmm, well getting up Beinn nan Aighenan has suddenly taken on a new urgency, have yet to explore the glens and rivers on the Glen Etive side of Starav, best do it soon before they start driving hydro tracks up them 🙁

kennyp
    Free Member

I love meeting the professional baggers in the pubs and during their bunkhouse takeovers who tell me how quickly they have done their first hundred. Most have never kipped in an old doss,or even seen a brokken spectre, or worse; gone back to a previously climbed hill.

I totally agree these sad losers that have only done 100 Munros deserve your scorn. Can I just check one thing though, I presume you ridicule them to their faces instead of hiding behind a keyboard?

duckman

Not the point I was making on a thread about enjoying them rather than just ticking them off, hence the last sentence. But take it out of context to (try and) ridicule me from behind a keyboard if you like. Thanks for taking the time, there is another INDY thread for you to try and derail, so I realise you are probably busy over there.

Spin
    Free Member

Not the point I was making

If that’s the case then you need to work on how you express yourself because that’s how I understood your comment too.

duckman

That’s ok Spin, it obviously gives you something to do.

spandex_bob

Currently on 213, having added Beinn Avon, Beinn a Chaorainn and Beinn Bhreac a couple of weekends ago, split by an overnight in Faindouran Lodge bothy. Current rate of progress is limited to a couple of trips a year, but still love the isolation and the chance of an amazing weather day at pretty much any point in the year. Will finish one day, but still a long way to go….

scotroutes

@mrb123 – any update?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Sir Hugh Munro – 100 years since his death’ is closed to new replies.