Viewing 11 posts - 201 through 211 (of 211 total)
  • Sir David of Beckham
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

OK fair enough DD but I answered a question posed and I have not really followed the thread tbh

Withdraws

I guess i should exit stage Left given my politics

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ll join you. 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

You see, the problem with a lot of pongos is that whenever they disagree with someone….they resort to calling them bellends and/or brawling.
    Living up to the stereotype there wrecker.

What can I say? I am what I am.
    I do try to reserve the word “bellend” to those deserving of the title though. Well, those and craphats. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

1) Agree to stop calling each other bellends.

😥

wrecker
    Free Member

I didn’t!

thx1138
    Free Member

Thx, let’s play ‘who said this’

I’ll go first.

I think some people need to get over judging others they don’t know
    Well?

In case you didn’t get it, you did. On the thread where you were saying how boring it was spunking £3100 on bikes you have no idea about. Now here you are criticising what a bloke is doing with his cash, despite having to defend yourself against similar accusations on aforementioned thread.

You may wish to join oscillate wildly on the hypocrites table…. Or **** off back under your bridge.

I think some folk need to calm down over this, as it’s now getting a bit personal and unnecessary.

tomhoward; I’d become bored with spending ages in a bike shop, trying bikes that felt pretty similar (to me). Not with spending my own money. Just to set you straight on that one. And it appears the amount I spent is at least comparable to most people on this forum, and even quite a bit less than some. On things I expect to own for many years, that will give me good service and help my enjoy riding. How much have you spent on bikes? I hardly think my spending is in quite the same league as David Beckham’s, when it comes to ‘luxury products’.

And speaking of ‘luxury products’; this is a man who is famed for living an incredibly ostentatious lifestyle. Luxury cars, several homes around the World (in the most expensive and desirable areas of course), a love of designer clothes, holidays in the most desirable locations, etc.

The morality of his wealth is a different discussion and belongs on a different thread IMO.

No it doesn’t; this is the perfect place to discuss such matters, regardless of wether you personally want to or not.

Now let’s talk about those ethics and morals: The Beckhams have holidayed in Dubai. Google ‘Dubai Workers exploitation’ to find out more about the reality of how the super rich are catered for, and the human cost of that. Beckhams’ signature underpant range is made in China (strangely, H+M refuse to reveal which factory). So at least part of the Beckham’s lifestyle is made possible because of the exploitation of others.

So forgive me if I don’t get carried away on the wave of sycophantic adoration that some of you have been. I just don’t see why he’s so ‘deserving’ of such praise, when people like nurses, paramedics etc do a far more socially beneficial job, for relatively very little reward. And I am free to express such opinions, regardless of what others think.

wrecker
    Free Member

Thx, let’s play ‘who said this’

It wasn’t me

thx1138
    Free Member

Wrecker; you have contributed nothing to this thread other than attack and abuse others for having an opinion. Why not simply back off and find something else to do, if you have nothing constructive to add?

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh do shut up and stop being so precious.
    Whingey “I got a nasty email from a nasty man”. Go tell the padre. Relax and stop being so damned boring. NObody’s going to even bother reading the flurry of self-righteous claptrap above.

binners

Oooooooooooooooooo. Hark at her?

thx1138
    Free Member

Why are you so angry, Wrecker? Why not simply state your own opinions in a calm and considerate manner? It’s an interesting topic, and by debating it, perhaps we can all gain better perspective on things. Resorting to angry insults is just a bit childish really.

Viewing 11 posts - 201 through 211 (of 211 total)

The topic ‘Sir David of Beckham’ is closed to new replies.