Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Singular swift…….should I get one ?
  • chris23
    Free Member

Been +6ft thinking about changing to a 29er SS.
    These look the nicest for the money, what the thoughts out there.
    Also would the Ninner carbon fork be a good match for the frame ?

letmetalktomark

Hi Chris,

If you have a search >>> there are a load of threads about how good the Swifts are 🙂

I have recently built up a large (Im 6’3”) and it fits like a glove.

I seen a few with the Niner and they look good – same AtoC too.

However the steel forks are very forgiving. 😉

All in I am very happy, plus Sam is a gent to deal with.

clubber
    Free Member

I’d say yes 🙂

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/singular-swift-29er-and-suntour-epicon-rld-29er-fork-reviews

Niner carbon forks are lovely but IMO only look right on the Niner Air. The standard Swift forks are brilliant as far as rigids go – quite noticeable (visually!) flex to absord bumps – if I had gone rigid on mine, I’d have had them on no question.

rOcKeTdOg

I can’t think of one good reason why you shouldn’t buy one
    HTH

rootes1

yes they are good… I like mine

<<Also would the Niner carbon fork be a good match for the frame ?>>

Visually, no…

and you get a nice fork with the frame anyhow.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I’m loving my Scandal but being drawn towards the Swift – only thing that puts me off is the colouscheme and relatively high standover

TiRed

I test rode one at the cycle show over the boards and liked it. Can’t say it felt much different to my Kona Unit 29-er, geometry-wise. But it is a nice colour. Definitely like the colour-matched steel forks.

But I love steel bikes…

singletracksurfer

6’2 here and got large Swift. Great bikes. Got a niner fork on mine (because it came with the bike) and was going to put the original forks back on. I don’t think they look too bad and they are great, but may sell the niner forks as i’ve got the original swift forks too and wanted an original and more classic look.

slowjo
    Free Member

Buy a Swift, you’ll not regret it.

Go on, go on, go on, you know you want to.

I’m a shade under 6ft 4ins and have an XL. I have a rigid Swift n 1×9 format. In the shed I also have a very nice SC Superlight. The Swift is the bike of choice every time unless I know it is going to be very gnarly or a very long ride (4 to 5 hours plus).

shortcut

Can’t think of a good reason not to buy one aside for the new Pace 129 which will be coming out later this year.

Sam

I certainly think you should get one, but then I would 🙂 Always happy to hear people liking their bikes though. I quite like the look with the carbon fork. Works better with a black DT decal. They do ride really nicely and save about 500g over the stock fork.

Swift SS w Dugasts & carbon fork by Singular Cycles

Keef
    Free Member

Pegasus with Niner carbons on here.
    nicest riding and looking bike I’ve owned. And I’ve owned a few rigid SS’s both with those ‘old fashioned size’trainer wheels,and with proper size wheels….. 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why not get a bike from the father of both mountainbikes and 29ers?

STATO
    Free Member

Black graphics? where when how! me want!

Anyway, yes they are very nice bikes, super smooth and seem to roll over anything. There are downsides tho, the standover is very high i find, way more than my similiar length 26″ bike. Also the headtube is just too long, ive had about 5 handlebar set-ups on mine to get it comfortable but i just can get the bars low enough, compared to my 26″ bike they are about 3″ higher! feels like im riding a shopper sometimes. Best i tried was a fliped high ride stem and flat bar, so the bars were below the top of the headset, however due to the steep headangle when my manitous dived through there travel (which they do a lot) you got launched over the front. Set it up with high riser bars now, short stem and 1×9 rather than SS, so more of a fun bike than long slogger, see how it fares this weekend.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Anyway, yes they are very nice bikes, super smooth and seem to roll over anything. There are downsides tho, the standover is very high i find, way more than my similiar length 26″ bike. Also the headtube is just too long, ive had about 5 handlebar set-ups on mine to get it comfortable but i just can get the bars low enough, compared to my 26″ bike they are about 3″ higher! feels like im riding a shopper sometimes.

Buy a smaller frame?

rOcKeTdOg

New graphics look fab Sam

All black team jerseys would look awesome!

STATO
    Free Member

Bimbler – the singular I have is the same length as my 26″ bike. If I bought a smaller size the bars would still be 2″ higher and I’d have to run a 130mm+ stem. If you look at photons of them every one has the bars higher than the saddle, something you hardly see on 26″ bike. Intact, look at other 29ers, they almost all have short headtubes.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Do the new Swifts come with the Black decals now Sam? and out of interest, weight of the Niner equipped one above….. ;o)

Sam

Do the new Swifts come with the Black decals now Sam?

No, though they can be purchased separately (or at least will be able to once Gil gets back from NZ).

weight of the Niner equipped one above….. ;o)

I’ll throw it on the scale for you tomorrow, but I expect around 22lbs. Could definitely be lighter than what it is – WI cranks, heavy bars, post, saddle, hubs, spokes etc.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

so you have stock now?

Sam

Yes, lots of ’em in stock Trev.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Yes, lots of ’em in stock Trev.

We shall talk when i get back from Vegas…..

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Singular swift…….should I get one ?’ is closed to new replies.