Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 139 total)
  • Singular Puffin frames where the hell are they
  • epicyclo

I know a bloke who has got a brandnew unbuilt Mukluk frameset for anyone who can’t wait for a fatbike… 🙂

trout
    Free Member

Whay hay light at the end of the tunnel at last
    latest update from Sam

Hi all,
    Finally some positive news. I’ve had notification that the the long awaited ship full of Puffins will finally arrive in the UK on the 8th of June. All being well with local customs I expect to start shipping frames on the 16th of June.

My apologies again for this taking so much longer than expected, thank you for your continued faith and patience – not long now. If you have changed address from what you originally gave me please let me know by email to sam@singularcycles.com when you can.

Best regards,

Sam

yunki
    Free Member

All being well with local customs

boltonjon

Finally – the end is in sight

shame I’ll be in the Highlands on my holiday set up to take full advantage of the Puffin 🙁

qwerty
    Free Member

epicyclo

The fat bikers were a-huffin’
    Was Singular Sam a-bluffin’
    The bikes were at sea?
    O where could they be?
    For those who had bought
    Were totally distraught
    But never a sight of a Puffin

🙂

Cheezpleez

There was a fat biker called Trout
    Who purchased a Puffin – so he thought
    But the weeks went by and not a frame did we spy
    Not a Puffin, not nuffin’ . Nope, nowt.

trout
    Free Member

Bastids 🙂

swavis

😆

If Sam does manage to get them shipped out on the 16th I may get to ride it at TUTB, whoop! 🙂

boltonjon

I’m worried the delivery van will take a wrong turn and end up back in Taiwan…..

trout
    Free Member

Wonder if the ship has docked yet or are the slaves still rowing up the river

itstig

There are several marine tracking sites. If we knew the ships name it could easily be tracked.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Chris, sorry for the thread hijack of sorts, particularly as I know it rightly annoys a number of STWers but I have tried every conceivable way of contacting you regarding my broken Liberator that I can think of and received no reply… Could you please fire me an email to the address on my profile and I’ll fill you in on the details. Cheers.

freehighlander
    Free Member

What port will they be landing do we know??????

Candodavid
    Free Member

Sam has put a picture of a production puffing with a Bluto fork on his FB page, could they have arrived at last?
    Or was it faster to send the fork back to Taiwan for the builders to take a picture?

swavis

I was just thinking exactly that!! 😀
    Not long now hopefully…..

wwaswas

They’ve been in the States for a while so maybe the picture was taken there?

drofluf
    Free Member

From Facebook

Team rider Matt’s production Puffin with a RockShox Bluto fork. Frames are in stock at Colorado Speciality Velo LLC in the US and have just touched UK soil – expected to start shipping next week.

letmetalktomark

Don’t forget the picture 😉

Candodavid
    Free Member

By all accounts they have landed

epicyclo

That’s good news.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Anyone had a puffin delivered yet?

letmetalktomark

Nothing here.

Was expecting a Kickstarter email prior to the deliveries.

Sam – Any updates?

On a side note Nates go up wonderfully on MLs 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

I got hu du’s, they been tubeless for 3 months now waiting for a frame to go into

trout
    Free Member

Waiting , Waiting Hate waiting

catschroedinger
    Free Member

Mods please move to the UK companies haven’t delivered so I’m on a forum whining thread, how about buy something else?

trout
    Free Member

dont open the thread if it bothers you that much

re Buy something else approx 56 of us funded this project through Kickstarter last year with a promised delivery date of Feb
    so buying something else is not an option

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

catschroedinger – Member

Mods please move to the UK companies haven’t delivered so I’m on a forum whining thread, how about buy something else?

Weird post.

You come onto what you think is a whining thread to whine.

People talking about bikes on a biking forum shocker.

Then you create a whining post. With the word irony just to cover yourself.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-irony-of-this-post

ska-49
    Free Member

Amazing.. seems poor form on Sams part.

I took a gamble on ordering from Stooge Cycles- new company, no reputation, one man band, little details.
    Andy was fantastic! Kept me updated and answered all Q’s along the way. This was for 100 frames, not 56. The frames were also sent from the East by boat and were only 2 weeks later than the original ETA but Andy kept me updated. Why is an established company struggling to much to keep it’s customers updated? Especially a kickstarter venture.

Hope these frame materialise at some point for you guys. I won’t be touching Singular.

drofluf
    Free Member

From the Singular Facebook page

Still waiting on them to be delivered to me. I hope to get confirmation today of when that will be

Candodavid
    Free Member

When it arrives, it arrives, not going to worry about something I’m not in control of, that would be a waste of energy.

drofluf
    Free Member

When it arrives, it arrives, not going to worry about something I’m not in control of, that would be a waste of energy.

Totally agree!

sp
    Free Member

Should anybody here be interested due to redirection of finances my Medium Puffin Frameset will be for sale once Sam is ready to despatch. Contact me direct as I don’t get on here that often. Email in profile.

Sam

OK, they are officially here, landed and will be delivered to my warehouse on Tuesday. Of course I will be shipping frames as fast as I can as soon as I have them.

amazing.. seems poor form on Sams part.
    I took a gamble on ordering from Stooge Cycles- new company, no reputation, one man band, little details.
    Andy was fantastic! Kept me updated and answered all Q’s along the way. This was for 100 frames, not 56. The frames were also sent from the East by boat and were only 2 weeks later than the original ETA but Andy kept me updated. Why is an established company struggling to much to keep it’s customers updated? Especially a kickstarter venture.
    Hope these frame materialise at some point for you guys. I won’t be touching Singular.

As I’ve said before, I’ve kept everyone updated as soon as there’s concrete news. Good luck to Stooge, I hope for their sake things continue to go so smoothly. This business is not simple, delays happen, things go wrong. I always try to be as honest as I can about where we’re at but I prefer to give concrete updates rather than indefinite timeframes. The initial deliver period was an estimate, not a promise, and various issues have conspired to set that back.

I like to think I’ve been honest and up front about the current situation. Generally people who’ve got in touch with me get a rapid answer, thhough there may be some exceptions – I apologise.

There were 70 or so Kickstarter backers, 200 frames were ordered.

For those who’ve kept the faith you have my most heartfelt thanks and I truly hope you are happy with the finished product.

As always, any questions or concerns just send me a mail.

Sam

boltonjon

Found this on my holidays and wondered if it would have landed during the week…….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nM2wwj]Puffin[/url] by boltonjon, on Flickr

Sorry Sam – couldn’t resist 🙂

Sam

Jamie
    Free Member

Have you checked to see the boxes aren’t full of potatoes?

Northwind

“Here’s your shipment of Singular boxes”
    “Where are the frames?”
    “What frames?”

Sam

yes indeed

freehighlander
    Free Member

Email of joy this morning Bird arrives nxt week

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Singular Puffin frames where the hell are they’ is closed to new replies.