Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • Singular Puffin frames where the hell are they
  • trout
    Free Member

has anyone in the world got their Puffin frame

My google skils are not good but I cant find any reference to anyone whomhas recieved his frame from the Kickstarter deal.

brianp
    Free Member

Singular Facebook page mentions US frames are about there and UK shipment is on the high seas somewhere. I does takes longer to get here from Taiwan than to the US.

brant
    Free Member

Kites just landed

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

I share your pain Chris!

‘some’ feedback would be good, my emails are not even being answered at the moment…

If you give a suggested arrival date, and it passes, then (to me) “good customer service” dictates that you give an update, or an estimated update… (damage limitation isn’t it)..

letmetalktomark

Sam, Sam, Sam ( Only as it works with Brant 😉 )

As above any update would be welcomed.

‘some’ feedback would be good, my emails are not even being answered at the moment…

I do wonder if there is a problem here as mine haven’t been responded to either. 😕

From tother thread:

Clicky

Quote Facebook

Singular Cycles The ones in the US yes, the UK/EU ones I am still waiting on a confirmed delivery date.
    Like · Reply · 9 May at 11:16

Singular Cycles US ones have landed at Colorado Speciality Velo LLC! Pre-orders and KS backers frames will ship imminently.
    Like · Reply · 9 May at 09:21

Was hoping to have mine ready for MM (This MM not next years ….. oh no he didn’t ….. oh yes he did …… 😆 )

Sam

They are on the way. US ones are already shipping to backers, UK ones are on the boat – I am waiting on a confirmed delivery date. Apologies if I’ve not answered emails, I didn’t think I’d missed any though there was a period in which I was having email issues. Apologies to everyone for the delay and thanks for your patience. Rest assured I am doing everything I can to get them here asap.

letmetalktomark

Sam – don’t mean to press but are we talking several weeks still? Longer?

rOcKeTdOg

Are Cotic handling the shipping?

swavis

*continues to twiddle thumbs* 😐

atlaz
    Free Member

Are Cotic handling the shipping?

VecchioJo is….

freehighlander
    Free Member

To recap . so the uk ones wont be here before june…… of to hang out the washing in despair 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

At least it doesn’t start snowing until the end of November

boltonjon

I was disappointed that it wasn’t here for the February snow (but that was expected)

I might just get it built for the December snow this year 🙁

A kickstarter update email would be good – its been more than a month since the last one

Northwind

OK bad comms but I can’t help but think that if you wanted delivery for a specific date, probably buying a bike that exists rather than doing a kickstarter would have been the way to go about it. It’s not really the same as a preorder.

swavis

Rest assured I won’t be buying another frame this way…

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Northwind,
    I think you are missing the point.. We were given (several) due dates, but none of them have been hit. Now I know delays happen, its business and dealing with folk half way around the world doesn’t help..

But if this is your customer base, nay, these are your ‘backers’ who allowed you to build the frame in the first place, (for you to make a profit in the future), with minimal expense from your side (as I believe kickstarter works), then keeping the stakeholders fully informed of all delays and rescheduling is all part of the relations..

Alas, for whatever reason this hasn’t happened, and I understand why “we” are now showing our frustrations…

letmetalktomark

@ Dr_UpGrade – Very well put.

Northwind

Oh aye, as I said, bad communications- wouldn’t say otherwise. But that’s kind of a separate thing from the delays themselves

Sam

All valid points and I apologise if people feel as though they haven’t had sufficient communication. I’ve tried to err on the side of writing only when there was something definite to say – whether that be good or bad news.

I felt there wasn’t a lot of point in an update to say ‘they are coming but I don’t know exactly when’. It seems some people feel otherwise and I’ll keep that in mind for future.

Backers should now have an email explaining the current situation. It’s a pain and I can assure you just as frustrating and troublesome for me as it is for you. If I have missed individual emails again I apologise, I generally like to think I am very good on that front. Please don’t hesitate to email or even call if you would like further clarification or reassurance.

letmetalktomark

Email from Sam >>>>

Hi All,

Finally back to you with further news on the Puffin shipping. Sadly it’s not a definitive ‘they will be here’ type update, more just to let you know that I am still waiting on a confirmed arrival date for the ship myself. The most recent update from the shipping agent said that there had been a delay with the ship en route and that they were trying to get a revised schedule from the actual freight company. I am still waiting on that update. I am still waiting on that update – as soon as I know anything I will let you all know. I had been holding off on an update until I heard something concrete I was reluctant to say anything unless it was something positive. I’m really sorry that is not what you are getting now – I can assure you this is at least as frustrating for me as it is for you.

Thank you again for your continued patience.

Best regards,

Sam

letmetalktomark

Edit >>> A bit slow there! 😆

boltonjon

Thanks Sam – appreciated

trout
    Free Member

Thanks Sam for the update
    Dr-upgrade has hit it on the head re the frustration
    its been the not knowing that has been the worst thing

Candodavid
    Free Member

It is frustrating, but at least I have other bikes I can ride

brianp
    Free Member

Shiggy has his and a picture to prove it, build pics tomorrow

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/has-any-us-puffins-landed-yet-913848.html

Don’t forget, when you are riding this bike for years to come, Sam’s engineering skills are 1000 times more important than his communications skills. As a first Kickstarter, there has been lots to learn and Rooster will gain from that.

Every ship can be tracked, perhaps a ship tracking number would help backers know where their frames are.

freehighlander
    Free Member

Good to hear from Sam and its must be frustrating as hell lets hope the shipping agent takes his thumb out of his …..s 🙄

swavis

Every ship can be tracked, perhaps a ship tracking number would help backers know where their frames are

That would certainly have kept me happy, at least I could watch it bob across the worlds oceans 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Ship trackers would be great for pirates too

wwaswas

Ship trackers would be great for pirates too

“Pirates of the Caribbean the Curse of the White Puffins”

brianp
    Free Member
    jet26
    Free Member

Excuse thread hijack but chris (trout) have you got my light??!

boltonjon

brianp – Member
    Shiggy’s monster cross Puffin

Do you realise how evil it is to post any photos of fully built production Puffin’s on here?? 🙁

Candodavid
    Free Member

Yeah I know, but that one isn’t a nice build, what’s on with that stem?

freehighlander
    Free Member

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/na-puffin-sighting-914021.html#post11211682
    Sorry but I just don’t get them bars 😯

So cruel posting fully built puffins 😈

swavis

I’m not that keen on that build, stem looks a tad silly,(should’ve bought a Gryphon 😉 ) but it really is a lovely looking frame 8)

trout
    Free Member

50 days tomorrow since they set sail and still no news 😥

epicyclo

freehighlander – Member
    Sorry but I just don’t get them bars

swavis – Member
    I’m not that keen on that build, stem looks a tad silly,(should’ve bought a Gryphon…

That’s the problem these days with headtubes being designed for racers instead of the majority of customers. You have to have a silly high stem to get your bars into a comfortable place for all day riding.

Maybe we can have a Where’s Wally competition for Where’s the Puffin. 🙂

T1000
    Free Member

Trout I assume they’re on a Tea Clipper .so another 11 days to go.. You’d need the Cutty Sark to stand a chance of beating the 61 day record…..

Captain_Sponge

A little research and I think I have the answer…….

“Although the puffins are vocal at their breeding colonies, they are silent at sea. “

Maybe we’ll hear more when they get to land?

Meanwhile I’ll go and check the pile of scavenged flared bike bits that is quietly rusting away

Captain_Sponge

Or more worryingly….

“After fledging, the chicks spend the first few years of their lives at sea, returning to breed about five years later. “

OK, I’ll stop looking, I’m depressing myself even more

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Singular Puffin frames where the hell are they’ is closed to new replies.