• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DIS.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Singular hummingbird – opinions and sizing?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

As I’m moving to the continent I quite fancy something a bit more British to take with me and the Hummingbird would take the parts from my hardtail quite happily. I’m about 6’1″ so I assume the large is about right?

Secondly, if anyone has one, how do they ride?

ratherbeintobago

I get the impression the choice in frame size at the moment is Large or Large. Anyone know whether there’ll be any more Hummingbird frames once the current batch are gone?

Andy

atlaz
    Free Member

Large works fine for me, that’s the reason for the question really.

Clobber
    Free Member

I think Sam is changing the hummingbird for the next batch… But is being fairly secretive about what he’s doing with it…

shortcut

Not long got one. First ride last Tuesday at 6’2 the large works ok but the headtube is a bit short for my liking so I have quite a lot of spacers.

Running 69er and SS sodefinitely quite English.

DIS

I have had my hummingbird for just over a year, tried many different frames before this one, but this is has been and continues to be my favourite so far.

Has been used SS then gear now back to SS, both work really well. I initially used as 69er which was great, but currently has 100mm bouncy things on front. Properly back to 69er over winter. If i had to chose i personally feel it rides slightly better with suspension but that is properly just a personally thing.

This is my favourite bike i have ever ridden (i have been through quite a few as my wife keeps reminding me!) and so not surprisingly rate it quite high.

At 5.7 i went for a small frame but don’t see why large should ride any different.

Give Sam a call he has been very helpful the number of times I have contacted him.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m thinking of 110mm rebas on this so sounds about right.

atlaz
    Free Member

Don’t suppose anyone knows of anywhere with a test ride Hummingbird? I’m guessing no but it can’t hurt to ask

DIS

Think the frame was designed for 80 to 120mm suspension so 110 should be fine. Again i would suggest you give Sam a call (number on there website), or e-mail if you more patient than me.

As a plus looks like the Large frames are on offer at £330, which for frame, fork, bottom bracket, bargain!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Singular hummingbird – opinions and sizing?’ is closed to new replies.