Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Singular frame + fork………swift 29er………….any good?
  • Alek
    Free Member

LBS is a 'singular' dealer and had a squint as his Swift last weekend.

Quite taken by it I was. Will test run next saturday.

Any good and are they worth the money/investment. I'm 5'9'' but really fancy a 29er for off-road and commute duties.

Recommended builds?

rOcKeTdOg

definately work a test ride, better save up though, you'll probably like it a lot

skyhigh_71

Any good? I thought so and now have two Swifts, one fully rigid SS and one Rohloff hub geared with suss forks. Brilliant bikes.

bedmaker

You're welcome to a go on my inbred if you want to compare Alek

bigsi
    Free Member

I hope they are, I've got one in the cupboard that I'm slowly building up.

I've never heard or seen a bad word against them which is unusual 😉

lock
    Free Member

why in the cupboard si dont be shy just come out and say it loud,
    you goner run it ss,(tony)

they are great bikes,i think most riders go for the looks i did, but then you are totally amazed how well they ride,ive done everything on mine 24 hr,cyclo x ,mountain bike races and go out with all my normal riding pals and keep up,i do single track ,drops (rolling) steep decents all rigid ss,

i av noticed all the good things they say about 29ers and none of the bad,i would say i ride this bike quicker than any of my others and ive got a few

Swayndo
    Free Member

Ek, ask Steve to stick the rigid fork back and a 29er front wheel back on the Hummingbird. I've a sneaky suspicion it would suit ya better.

What are ye up to tomorrow? Fancy Tollie Path … one final big mountain-ish route left this year? Me, Bri, Ross and Plow are in.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Ek, ask Steve to stick the rigid fork and a 29er front wheel back on the Hummingbird. I've a sneaky suspicion it would suit ya better.

What are ye up to tomorrow? Fancy Tollie Path … one final big mountain-ish route left this year? Me, Bri, Ross and Plow are in.

bigsi
    Free Member

Tony – It's in the cupboard as i value my life and wouldn't get away with coming home with another frame just yet 🙄 Planning on going 1×9 at the moment and see how i get on with it, wanted the EBB so i could run ss in the future if i can get my fitness level up to/weight down to where it should be 😳

lock
    Free Member

sounds like a plan,you goner go rigid

bigsi
    Free Member

got the singular forks but am thinking of trying the suss forks first and take it from there, its going to be my endro bike for next year and i like my comfort 😉

Alek
    Free Member

Cheers Iain…………will look into that mate,

May even give the gears a go and then hit the SS full on…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Singular frame + fork………swift 29er………….any good?’ is closed to new replies.