• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by RRD.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Singular Buzzard – Front Mech clearance/solutions/pics?
  • RRD
    Free Member

Thinking about purchasing a Buzzard and am a bit unclear about the front mech solution?

I’ve read the website and Singular’s description but am struggling to visualise – can somebody elaborate or provide me some pics of their solutions?

Before anyone suggests previous posts I’ve also read the old post on here from the prototype but am still non the wiser.

Cheers

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

We built one 2×10 a couple of weeks back and it really is as simple as Sam makes out. Run a full length outer along the brake hose and keep a tight loop down to the direct mount front mech. Can use a cable tie or auxiliary guide on the seat tube but not necessary if you keep it tight. I took some pics, ill see if I can find them

roverpig

So, presumably, there is a boss somewhere that can’t be used. Can it be removed? Also, does the extra cable running under the downtube make it tricky to fit a dropper. I also quite like the idea of the Buzzard, but am tempted to wait for the next batch, which will presumably have this problem sorted.

RRD
    Free Member

Jon

Thank you. Any pics would be ideal. I’m quite interested in how it looks as I would not like a Heath Robinson looking solution.

Cheers

Cheezpleez

The misplaced guide is way down by the bb and doesn’t show. I run mine 1×9 so can’t can’t say much about front mechs apart from that the Problem Solvers direct mount is nicely made and it should be easy to set up. You would end up with three cables bunched together if you ran a dropper remote as well. Not ideal but doable.

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

In all seriousness, it will look crap if you do a crap job but if you take your time you won’t notice it there at all and will look very neat. Can’t seem to find a pic to hand but there is one on our Facebook page of the complete bike (Facebook.com/kineticcycleswelwyn)

z1ppy
    mcmullej
    Free Member

Now, that’s a pretty cool looking bike…

😉

No problems with the front mech (or anything else, really). Cabling is unobtrusive (2×10, no dropper).

RRD
    Free Member

Thanks for the pics.

Looks a neat solution. Might order one now

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Singular Buzzard – Front Mech clearance/solutions/pics?’ is closed to new replies.