Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Singletrackwirelesslandlineworld.
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

My aging 4 phone panasonic DECT system is misbehaving, every handset will cut you off after about 10 mins. Could be the base unit, might be the electrics (rewired in 2018), I dunno, but I am fed up and want to buy a new system. Is DECT even the thing to have these days?
    Recommend me up you cyclists and stove appreciators!

footflaps

Being slightly pedantic, DECT isn’t a landline replacement, it’s just a wireless PBX (private branch exchange).

A mobile phone is a wireless landline replacement or Ionica (if anyone remembers that).

benpinnick

We have moved our IP Dect from Panasonic to Yealink and they’re good little units. Work well. Don’t know if they do a regular phone line version though.

Alex

We have a Siemens Giga-set that is always in the top 2 of reviews. It’s not great in terms of losing connection to base station. When connected call quality is fine (it’s connected to a SIP exchange as we have no landline) and the handset itself is decent quality.

Hardly anyone ever calls on in tho, we mostly use WhatsApp or FaceTime. Our is probably about 4 years old but if it dies we wouldn’t bother replacing it. I have an ancient Polycom SIP handset I use occasionally for work stuff that runs off an Ethernet connection (again to a SIP exchange) that’s brilliant. But not very mobile 🙂

5plusn8
    Free Member

The issue is, the system I have is like n01 recommended everywhere, it worked great for a few years, but has recently started cuttign me off.
    I wonder if its the actual line causing issues?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.