Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Singletrack weekender DH vid footage.
  • sturider

nols
    Free Member

nice one Stu!

wwaswas

looked fun 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks good that! Nice one. 8)

neilforrow

Nice. Looks like a fun track and good line choice too. Where did you place.?.

simonm
    Free Member

Nice run

That bloody short cut after the “Tree”.. shaved six seconds off my second run when I found out about it !

sturider

Me to Simonm. A 2.80 first run then a 2.01 second run.
    Neil, I pleaced 6th on the DH run and 2nd Vet overall. Those pesky sponsored posh riders beat me 🙁 🙂 but I won a pair of Shimano shoes and as I broke mine on the 2nd DH run Im very happy. Cheers Shimano.

watsontony
    Free Member

wish the tandem had a go pro! or anyone got vid of them?

Clover

Ah, those were different lines than the ones I chose skittered down on my bike. Guess that’s why I was a minute slower… 😳

Thanks for posting.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I heard people talking about the line down the fence whilst waiting for my second run, but never saw where it started – saw the end come out into the berm, mind.

Nice ride though – thought 2.12 was pretty good on my Soda, but obviously need to try a bit harder next time!

jedi

nice one stu. keeping it real for the old herts crew 🙂

jimthelad
    Free Member

Bit of a cheeky line choice there. Sating that, if I had have known about it, I would have taken it. I’ll have to make do with my 2.03 for a ‘proper’ time.

orange225
    Free Member

I was told by the Marshall that I’d be disqualified if I took that line in my race runs

sturider

Jimthelad, thats what I said after my first run but I took a look before the second, it seemed to be off the worn line through the trees so I asked Chipps who said it was within the tape so ok, spread the word to the Vets waiting at the start and result. 7 seconds faster 🙂

Cheers Jedi. All in the flow 🙂

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I reckon I could go sub 2 mins with that sneaky line. *TO STRAVA*

DrP

What a brill looking course!

DrP

postierich
    Free Member

Did the full route 😉 so no wonder my 2.31 was slow on the SS

sillyoldman

Heard about the line, but didn’t see it….

watsontony
    Free Member

as long as your within the set course your fine. if you wasent ment to go down by the fence then it should of been taped off but it wasent so good to go.

Rockape
    Free Member

Oh hey cheeky run through the trees:) if only we’d had this footage for second run Saturday that would have got me to 2:01. Nice vid good run Stu.

mandog

that looked super quick

craigf
    Free Member

Nice line over the hump at here cattle trap before the shale section too… I was going round the corner there, not the straight line!

Top work stu, great to see old people up at the top of the leader board! :o)

DVATC1
    Free Member

Great run, 2 secs faster than me. I started next to you in the xc, as you may have noticed I wasn’t next to you for long !!!! Good to see us vets can still the younger lot a good run in the downhill (4 in the top 10). 😀

sturider

Top marks DVATC 1 I liked the VETs corner up at the start and the teasing about warm blankets and hot chocolate aimed at the older vet’s.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Top tip, on chest mount use the longer GoPro connector and turn the camera upside down (use the upside down record mode too) lets you see a bit further forward.

apart from that nice course

geoffj

LOLLING @ the folk who say they would have beaten the OP if they’d chosen those lines.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Nice line over the hump at here cattle trap before the shale section too… I was going round the corner there, not the straight line!

I thought of that line on Sunday night when I was drifting off to sleep. D’oh!

nols
    Free Member

LOLLING @ the folk who say they would have beaten the OP if they’d chosen those lines.

Me too. Stu is a legend.

chipps

The course was taped deliberately wide in places so that it favoured people who took the time to walk the course. There was another line that ploughed through the undergrowth – though that looked a little high-risk… 🙂
    Apologies if you were told different by a marshal. We’ll tighten up the marshal briefing in future.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack weekender DH vid footage.’ is closed to new replies.