Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Singletrack subscription offers – did anyone get their free Charge Spoon yet?
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

Hi I was just wondering if anyone was having the same problem as me with the free charge spoon saddle that was meant to come free with a subscription. Mine hasn’t arrived and I’ve emailed STW with no response. Perhaps they’ve just missed it so I’ll give them a call today but just wondering if there was anything up?

martinhutch

Not yet. I have a zen-like patience though.

allthepies
    Free Member

<puts kettle on>

Croissant anyone ?

trevron73
    Free Member

I subscribed and then got palmed off with a stem cap compass , i wasn’t happy. After finishing therapy i’m over it.I was hoping for a trail centres book instead, but hey thats life ?

Liftman

I cant see this thread going well or lasting long

Jamie
    Free Member

I cant see this thread going well or lasting long

Why?

It gives the OP a chance to get an answer he is not getting via email, and the mods closing it would seem bad form.

mattbee

I have subscribed for years and never had any sort of free gift.
    Luckily I like the magazine.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I like the magazine too and buy it occasionally along with others but to be honest I wouldn’t have subscribed if I had thought there was no chance of getting the saddle. We’ll see what happens but it doesn’t sound good so far.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

trevron73 – Member

I subscribed and then got palmed off with a stem cap compass , i wasn’t happy. After finishing therapy i’m over it.I was hoping for a trail centres book instead, but hey thats life ?

I subscribed for the trail centre book, they were tweeting at the time they had a box full left, I got palmed of with the bike ID tag

still to get my subscriber card

but they were looking into it two weeks ago

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/subscriptions

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I subscribed to BIKE, a motorcycle mag, for the free Oxford Oximiser battery charger/monitor. That arrived 2 days later.
    No reason a saddle can’t arrive just as fast, is there?

Denis99
    Free Member

My saddle hasn’t arrived either

Mark

Hi guys.
    There’s no problem with the saddle and deliveries. The terms of delivery are all detailed on the free gifts page here.
    http://singletrackworld.com/free-gift/

To make sure we don’t get free gift abuse we normally don’t send out free gifts until we have payment details and subs set up in our database. That’s why we state on our free gift page that you should allow up to 28 days for delivery before you get in touch with us.

The address to use is subs@singletrackworld.com

The gift has now changed btw. Details in the free gifts page but it us now a set of Lezyne lights.

binners

I have subscribed for years and never had any sort of free gift.
    Luckily I like the magazine.

Thats me, that is. And this place has saved me a fortune on therapy 😀

wwaswas

I was promised a 1996 calendar when I subscribed.

I’m just hoping that I can get some use out of it when it finally arrives.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I would suggest that you stop tweeting that you have stock of one gift (after the subscription is signed up for) only to send another

I presume that the subscriber cards only get issued after an enhanced CRB check?

Anyway I’m off to Tod to stick one of my bike id’s on someone else’s bike so I can claim it’s mine, about all they are good for.

Mark

And you’ve waited 7 years to tell us?

Jamie
    Free Member

There’s no problem with the saddle and deliveries. The terms of delivery are all detailed on the free gifts page here.

http://singletrackworld.com/free-gifts

…or maybe not.

http://singletrackworld.com/free-gift/
    [mod]

dooosuk
    Free Member

17 by my reckoning!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

They are rewriting them. 😉

wwaswas

17 by my reckoning!

sorry, yes, shoudl have been 2006 (probably) 😳

I emailed a couple of times but by the time it got to September it felt like it’s moment had passed.

I’ve not been unduly emotionally scarred by the experience so I wouldn’t fret.

fasthaggis

I subscribed and then got palmed off

I didn’t tick that option 🙂

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’ve not been unduly emotionally scarred by the experience so I wouldn’t fret.

They don’t. 😉

wwaswas

I didn’t tick that option

🙂

Mark

When we tweet. They are in stock. The gift subs page is the definitive guide to what is available when you subscribe. That’s is explained clearly on our subs page with a big link to the free gift page right there so you can check before you subscribe.

I’m sorry some of you think the free gifts are worthless. It appears most subscribers are happy with the free gift they receive. But it’s a free gift. Paid for by us both in terms of the cost of the actual gift and the postage to get it to you.

The reasons why we offer a free gift are also detailed in my last blog post.

The reason for the delay in sending out gifts is because we have to avoid the risk of abuse by people who order a sub then cancel it as soon as their gift arrives.

Claire is packing up and posting the first batch of saddles today.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Why not? you’ve taken 17 years to post it.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

When we tweet. They are in stock. The gift subs page is the definitive guide to what is available when you subscribe. That’s is explained clearly on our subs page with a big link to the free gift page right there so you can check before you subscribe.

Yes, it said the book, you were tweeting you had the book after the subscription was done, get palmed of with something else where comments on the item were being deleted by your team. Just be honest and say it might be this, or another random thing you might not want when we process your gift in two weeks time.

Mark

But that’s not what happened at all. When the tweets were made the gifts were there. They went very fast indeed but the information as to what gift was available at the time a sub is ordered is right there on the free gifts page, linked to from the subs page.

wwaswas

Mark – sorry to post on this thread now. It was meant as a bit of a joke but I think, for you, it’s probably pretty stressful having to deal with all this.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’m sorry some of you think the free gifts are worthless. It appears most subscribers are happy with the free gift they receive. But it’s a free gift. Paid for by us both in terms of the cost of the actual gift and the postage to get it to you.

Complete rubbish, the gift is paid for out of the cash you receive from subscribers and from advertising. If you didn’t do them costs would be lower (obviously offset by potentially lower subscription rates). Based on the advertorial coverage you gave the bike id I would be surprised if you paid anything for them, and would expect you to be charging them for the privilege of the publicity.

martinhutch

You might want to take this page offline. If someone sent me this link I could still click straight through to subscribe without noticing the t&cs below.

New Year, New Free Gift with a Sub

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Mark – sorry to post on this thread now. It was meant as a bit of a joke but I think, for you, it’s probably pretty stressful having to deal with all this.

That’s utter tosh, why apologise for it being stressful?

They are still advertising you can get a free saddle when by their own admission they’ve gone and changed that The gift has now changed btw. Details in the free gifts page but it us now a set of Lezyne lights.

New Year, New Free Gift with a Sub

Surely that fly’s in the face of some form of trade descriptions act false advertising malarkey.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

But that’s not what happened at all. When the tweets were made the gifts were there. They went very fast indeed but the information as to what gift was available at the time a sub is ordered is right there on the free gifts page, linked to from the subs page.

You may have the “gift” in the office but you also have a backlog as you wait for payments to be confirmed. The fact you still have stock doesn’t mean you’ll get it because of the backlog. You need to be honest about this.

Mark

Big n daft. It costs us actual money for the free gifts. The pr offered may be part of a deal but there is a very real expense incurred by us to provide them. Of course we have to price subs to be viable but the cost of free gifts is not accounted for in the price paid for your sub. The cost is incurred and accounted for in our advertising budget.

If by ‘rubbish’ you are insinuating I’m lying then I find your accusations pretty damn insulting. I’d be very happy to offer you a complete refund of your sub since you are clearly so dissatisfied.

wwaswas

That’s utter tosh, why apologise for it being stressful?

Keep your hair on.

I made what I felt was a light hearted post following binners comment on never receiving a free gift. In the context of what cam next I didn’t want it to sound like I was having a pop at Mark so I told him.

You can carry on posting whatever you can get away with but I can also apologise if what I’ve posted has added to Marks woes if I want without having to get your permission.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

If by ‘rubbish’ you are insinuating I’m lying then I find your accusations pretty damn insulting. I’d be very happy to offer you a complete refund of your sub since you are clearly so dissatisfied.

Can I get my subscriber card before you dump me as a customer?

If you want to be offended that’s up to you, if you don’t want to take on other people’s views that’s up to you. But can you update your subscriber offers page so new customers know what they are going to get as pointed out above by others.

Mark

I’m not sure I can spell this out any clearer. If the free gift page says saddle when you subscribe you get a saddle.

I give up now. Being as honest and open as I can with how this works including how the finances work to be able to give free gifts is clearly not enough for you.

Offer of a complete refund is there though. Genuinely, if you are not happy with our service you don’t have to keep paying for it. We want people to subscribe because they think it is worth it. We also want you to trust us.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

oh well, I’m looking forward to getting my saddle now. Feeling a bit bad for starting this thread now as Mark does seem to be getting a bit of a hard time. Sorry.

Fingers crossed my saddle will turn up soon.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I subscribed at the end of last year.

Didn’t even see the ‘free gift’ page.

Got the trail center book.

+ free stuff. Very happy
    – a guide book for trail centers? Not unhappy, just puzzled as to why this book exists, surely the point of trail centers is you don’t need a guide, although maybe the audi driving an orange 5 to the trail center demographic isn’t a joke 😛

Anyone want to swap it for the Lake District book?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Offer of a complete refund is there though. Genuinely, if you are not happy with our service you don’t have to keep paying for it. We want people to subscribe because they think it is worth it. We also want you to trust us.

If I take your offer up then you don’t have to send me the subscriber card I have been eagerly awaiting for several weeks 😉

Hopefully it will arrive soon……….

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Anyone want to swap it for the Lake District book?

How about some bike id tags?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack subscription offers – did anyone get their free Charge Spoon yet?’ is closed to new replies.