Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • singletrack stem caps
  • PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I don’t know about anyone else, but it seems to me that they have just copied what stemcaptain have been doing for a while and used the singletrack name to bump up the price
    can anyone justify why the singletrack one costs over 50% more?
    http://singletrackworld.com/shop/acatalog/hardware.html
    http://www.stemcaptain.co.uk/index.php/shop/product/2-stem-cap-bike-clock
    This may be censored but it will only prove that their pricing is unfair and that their product is no different

MarkN
    Free Member

Stem captain may the source supplier of both..

Rubber_Buccaneer

Hey, I like the compass one. Does it have a needle and thread concealed underneath? I may have an accident and need to sew my wounds up just like Rambo?

avdave2

I’d not see those before, I rather like them.

sc-xc

I agree. The guy who runs our local off licence does this. He gets Twixes for cheaper than he sells them for!

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

sc-xc – haha yes but you can’t buy one twix from the person that the guy in the off licence buys them from can you?

sc-xc

He sells ’em by the finger to unsuspecting schoolkids 😯

druidh
    Free Member

I saw the STW ones and reckoned they were a bit spendy for a wee gimmick. At £16, I’m much more likely to give it a go…

relliott6879
    Free Member

Assuming this isn’t some elaborate hoax… I rather like those. Would the compass not struggle when bolted to a bike made largely of metal though?

nicko74

Would the compass not struggle when bolted to a bike made largely of metal though?

Exactly my question. I like the concept, but not the idea that it would always be pointing north, no matter which way the bike faces…

Ringo
    Free Member

Charlie bikemonger sells them, the compass on my gryphon looks spiffing 😀

relliott6879
    Free Member

RingoMember

Charlie bikemonger sells them, the compass on my gryphon looks spiffing

Piccy please?

Muke
    Free Member
    wwaswas

can we now expect lots of posts slagging Charlie off for selling them at a profit, then?

avdave2

Charlie is making a more modest mark up though and if you want to buy a Bender Fender they are cheaper from him that the manufacturers once you allow for the postage costs.

honourablegeorge

nicko74 – Member

Exactly my question. I like the concept, but not the idea that it would always be pointing north, no matter which way the bike faces…

Magnetic valve cap on the front wheel, problem solved.

wwaswas

but stw have had theirs printed with their logo etc?

I don;t have a problem with what anyone charges, people can choose to pay it or not – it’s called a free market.

nicko74

Come to think of it, how do you preload the headset bearings? I can’t see anywhere to shove my allen key…

wwaswas

preload, tighten stem, remove old stem cap, place wonder stem cap in its place?

avdave2

You preload the bearings by popping the unit out of the cap and the bolt is below. Charlie offers a non magnetic one for the compass but it does say the compass needs to be level to work properly but you can tilt the unit by 15 deg. I think i like the clock best though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘singletrack stem caps’ is closed to new replies.