Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Singletrack Sleepless in the Saddle
  • chipps

Just a quick note (before I go to bed…) to say that it was great to see so many of you lot turn out for Singletrack Sleepless in the Saddle this weekend. The weather mostly behaved and I personally really enjoyed the course. The naysayers that reckon it’s all just riding round fields don’t know, do they? 😉

Thanks to Pat Adams and crew and thanks especially to the Singletrack Magazine behind the scenes team who never get any of the credit, leaving it to me to flounce around as if I’ve done lots of work and things: Matt, Sim, Jamie, Mark, Sam, Thomas, Jon, Vicky, Jenn, Beate, James, SteveM, Charlotte and probably a dozen or so people that I’ve forgotten…

We’ve got a load of great shots from the weekend and we’ll get them up on the site as soon as we get a minute. Watch this space.

Cheers all!
    Chipps

Autoelec
    Free Member

Thought this was great touch.

postierich
    Free Member

Great event it was the hardest weekend of racin around fields I,ve ever done!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Oh bugger. I only live (literately) down the road and missed the whole thing. Totally forgot.

weeble
    Free Member

The STW cow bells were a great hit….my ears are still ringing

Blackhound

Thanks for the shelter from the rain at about 1430 today. Popped down on my road bike to see the finish.

mountainposture

Really enjoyed it – the event and the course. Many thanks to all involved

simondbarnes

Great weekend, thanks to all involved in making it happen. Didn’t ride but I did take a few piccies…

Slightly Damp by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Mark by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Pete by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Chipps by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Nicky by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Nicky

Toasty

Fantastic event, great course, cheers to all those involved! Myself and both our teams are definitely coming back next year.

That platercine-paté-clay-mud after the rain was hideous, especially with sod all front wheel clearance, traumatic lap that one 😯 Amazing how well it recovered within a few hours though.

Just woken up after 10 hours sleep, properly buggered day/night cycle.

oldgit
    Free Member

Looks good, was it the same course as previous years?

Weather looks like it was near perfect as well. Mine have been 99% gloopfest and 1% heatwave.

Like I said weeks ago when someone asked about the weather, if I’m not there it’ll be fine.

njee20
    Free Member

Weather looks like it was near perfect as well

I’d not go that far, there were a couple of torrential downpours that ruined the course, but it did recover, and by the end was fantastic.

joolzed
    Free Member

My interpretation of the weekend;0) SITS Photos

Vortexracing

Well done to all involved in setting it up, it was great and thanks to you guys from STW for stepping at the last minute. Spoke to Pat during the weekend and he was truly greatful for your help (and others).

I though you were taking the P1$$ about the ‘loitering’ beer tent until Alison from our team rolled through the finishing line with a bottle of ale. 😆

Trimix
    Free Member

It was great – I got caught on my lap when it went Biblical, but at the end of the lap it was drying out – there was one patch that seemed to stay dusty !

The next person out didnt get muddy.

Great fun, great idea with the Cow Bells and the Lurkers tent was an inspired idea. I wish Id done the last lap in our team now just to lurk.

Well done everyone – especially those mental chaps and chapesses with the orange stickers.

jonod
    Free Member

good photos

jackberesford
    Free Member

Anyone know where to find any other photos? Saw several people taking photos throughout the weekend (joolzed, had a look through yours but there aren’t any of me – some excellent shots though)

crazy-legs

Anyone know where to find any other photos?

Link to Richpip’s pics/report here

rickk

On behalf of my team – thanks a million to everyone involved for making the event happen.
    Fantastic event, very hard to see how it could have been better.

Suburbanlife
    Free Member

Brilliant weekend. Didn’t know how Singletrack being involved would work but you definitely added to the laid back vibe. The only complaint is that I never got to the beer tent, obviously I didn’t do enough loitering!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack Sleepless in the Saddle’ is closed to new replies.