Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Singletrack issue 13, anybody got one spare?
  • nigelb001
    Free Member

Need to get hold hold of this issue from 2004 and it’s not available to purchase or for download. Reason is there’s a bike grouptest that includes a Mongoose Deuce Pro which I have recently bought secondhand and built up. Been looking for any info I can on this bike but it is so rare there is almost nothing out there, so rare that who knows, the bike tested may even be the actual frame I have. Chipps has been kind enough to send me the raw text (cheers Chipps!) but just for completeness I’d like to get hold of the whole article for posterity.

Anyone got this issue I can buy, or failing that can scan the article for me. I would appreciate any help.

Here’s the bike as it is now

somafunk

Yeah i’ve got it, send me your email address and i’ll scan it now and send through to you, very clean looking btw.

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey, is that headtube SEE THROUGH?

nigelb001
    Free Member

@somafunk – Cheers for that, emailed you with my email address.

Nigel

nigelb001
    Free Member

DezB – its a skeletal head tube the inner tube of which can be rotated to alter the head angle 2 positions to give a 1.5 degree (i think) change. Its that head tube that attracted me to it in the first place – a bit different!

somafunk

You should have mail Nigel,

DezB
    Free Member

Likin’ that 🙂

nigelb001
    Free Member

Cheers, got the e-mail and PDF, thanks for scanning and sending it so quickly. Yes, its a keeper though strictly speaking its too small for me but couldn’t resist it – it was a minter!

Frame, Holzfella 2×9 crankset and bottom bracket, Titec seat post and headset cost me about £60. The guy who sold it had already auctioned a lot of the components from it before I bought the frame so I built it up out of stuff left over from my Giant Anthem upgrade, just bought new Deore brakes. Prob cost me about £200 to put it together. So pleased with it, it’s really nice and don’t think I’ll ever see another on the trails!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack issue 13, anybody got one spare?’ is closed to new replies.