• This topic has 419 replies, 91 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 420 total)
  • Singletrack Decide Not To Cover the Danny MacAskill Playboy Video
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

nice one STW, premier subscription purchased.

Jamie
    Free Member

I am pissing in the pool as we speak.

..and given the amount of sharting at work threads, I imagine there might be a few UFOs* in here as well.

*Unidentified Floating Objects.

gavstorie
    Free Member

😯

binners

You’re taking Youtube comments as an endorsement?

Jesus H Corbett!

I can’t think of any social group more deserving of my contempt than the people who comment on Youtube videos. They only do it as everyone needs a break from furious self-abuse from time to time, and commenting on Youtube means they don’t have to do anything as taxing as leaving their sweaty chair, as they sit surrounded by soggy Kleenex and an atmosphere thick with self-loathing

When the crushing desperation your excuse for a life has become means you resort to that, then you may as well just end it all, as your pathetic, worthless existence will only lead to disappointment. Both for yourself, but mainly for everyone who has the misfortune to ever encounter you

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Wheres this hedge everyone seems to know about ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wheres this hedge everyone seems to know about ?

Outside Hora’s house.

klumpy
    Free Member

The only thing about the Danny Makaskill does Playboy vid that harked back to the eighties was the idea that a one piece swimsuit or little shorts is “scantily clad”. There’s as much flesh on display in the local park on a sunny lunchtime, and outside most Newcastle clubs in January at 2pm (though when it’s warm they wear less). And everyone loved the original roadbike party vid despite the gratuitous bike cleaning scene. (Alhough some folk moaned about using gt85.) That said there’s no reason a MTB site has to feature a trials riding vid, trials is a bit like BMX after all, and BMX is a bit eighties. Oh, was THAT the real issue..?

No. STW thought they heard a bandwagon and hurled themselves out the window hoping to land on it.

Lifer
    Free Member

Yawn

DezB
    Free Member

outside most Newcastle clubs in January at 2pm

You should pitch this to Redbull as an idea for the next Danny Mac vid.
    (Presuming you mean 2am)

binners

iolo
    Free Member

Ok, some hate it due to whatever reason, some love it due to whatever reason and some really some don’t care either way.
    Surely that’s the conclusion of both these long winded threads.
    Mods. Shut it now before we get to page 14 of mindless squawking.

Jamie
    Free Member

@binners

The Fat Slags are virtually Victorian in their attire compared to I remember when this was all fields.

poah
    Free Member

so STW won’t show the vid but they will advertise the fact that they wont thus actually promoting the vid??? plus they will post such utter drivel as the vain Vagrant which is nothing more than a advert for various companies. amazing editoral work that is.

piemonster

I am pissing in the pool as we speak.

..and given the amount of sharting at work threads, I imagine there might be a few UFOs* in here as well.

*Unidentified Floating Objects.

Campylobacter it turns out, which to be honest produce outputs more akin to ghostbusters style slime than identifiable “objects”

Lifer
    Free Member

poah – Member

so STW won’t show the vid but they will advertise the fact that they wont thus actually promoting the vid??? plus they will post such utter drivel as the vain Vagrant which is nothing more than a advert for various companies. amazing editoral work that is.
    Posted 7 minutes ago # Report-Post

christhetall
    Free Member

Well done STW

grum
    Free Member

It is hilarious that people are getting all wound up about STW’s stance.

Aren’t these the same people who moan on about PC gone mad and the ‘professionally offended’, but now they are offended that STW chose not to cover a shit video? 😕

Lifer
    Free Member

Yep the ironing is delicious

Jamie
    Free Member

they are offended that STW chose not to cover a shit video?

I think you’ll find that STW has covered it quite comprehensively.

Jamie
    Free Member

Edit:

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am happy to support STW’s stance on this issue.

chip
    Free Member

I found the vain vagrant video offensive because it was shit , scantily clad women aside Danny’s poorest video still had more appropriate content.

Woe betide I look at women my time is better wasted watching close ups off cooperate logos.

It’s 2014 folks, stop finding women attractive you bunch of weirdos, or it’s chemical castration before your next allowed to log on.

GrahamS

It’s 2014 folks, stop finding women attractive you bunch of weirdos

Because those are the only possible options: be a proper man and treat women like objects or go gay.

buck53

The number of replies in this thread that seem to indicate that people think that others object to the video because it’s got ladies not wearing many clothes in it is staggering.

chip
    Free Member

If i want to look at ladies in various degrees of undress that’s my prerogative.
    And I can do that and still treat women with respect .

I would rather have a subscription to playboy than be a judgmental numpty .

chip
    Free Member

I hope none of you prudes ride oranges as in the video I saw of their factory , the workers had pictures of nudey ladies on the wall.

Maybe singletrack should make a public announcement and boycott them.

Lifer
    Free Member

chip – Member

If i want to look at ladies in various degrees of undress that’s my prerogative.

No-one’s stopping you treacle.

GrahamS

You really don’t get it do you chip?

No one is shocked, or incensed, or deeply offended at the video.

There are no sensitive prudes hiding their eyes.

Some folk are just a bit disappointed that Danny, who seems like a genuinely all round nice bloke in everything else I’ve seen him in, would go down the tacky casual sexism route so readily.

MoreCashThanDash

Some folk are just a bit disappointed that Danny, who seems like a genuinely all round nice bloke in everything else I’ve seen him in, would go down the tacky casual sexism route so readily.

So are we finished now? Can we close the thread and stop any more on it appearing? Please?

iolo
    Free Member

let’s all srart swearing so the mods shut it

***ts, **m, **se, and so on

Jamie
    Free Member

So are we finished now? Can we close the thread and stop any more on it appearing? Please?

You’ll want to speak to Graham. He’s the one who started a new thread, when there was a perfectly functioning one already in existence.

6079smithw
    Free Member

So in summary, 29ers are the best.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Caitlin Moran reckons 650b is better.

GrahamS

Seemed like a different topic to me: my intention was to acknowledge what STW Towers had done and show them some support in the face of the flack they are copping.

Ah well.

So in summary, 29ers are the best.

Yes that, and also “Waaaahey booooobies!”

Jamie
    Free Member

Seemed like a different topic to me: my intention was to acknowledge what STW Towers had done and show them some support in the face of the flack they are copping.

I’m sure they appreciate your congratulatory reacharound 😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Julie Birchill rides 29er.

Anyway, it would appear that we can surmise the following,

Cyclepassion calendar – Ladies paid to get their kit off and bikes. Absolutely fine, front page material in FGF.
    Danny’s latest – Ladies paid to get their kit off and bikes. OUTRAGEOUS, BAN THIS FILTH NOW!

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m sure they appreciate your congratulatory reacharound

Jeez, jus coz they ‘pulled’ yer original thread the other day….

tsk, tsk.

BoardinBob

I’m sure the STW calendar from a couple of years ago had a month with either a naked girl or two girls kissing. Can’t remember exactly but there was something.

Sounds like tremendous hypocrisy?

BigDummy
    Free Member

a naked girl or two girls kissing

Knog advert?

cinnamon_girl

You really don’t get it do you chip?

Clearly thinks with his dick. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 420 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack Decide Not To Cover the Danny MacAskill Playboy Video’ is closed to new replies.