• This topic has 419 replies, 91 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 420 total)
  • Singletrack Decide Not To Cover the Danny MacAskill Playboy Video
  • taxi25
    Free Member

Just watched the film now. It’s just a short filler vid, shot in a day I would imagine, at a posh house with some pretty girls thrown in.
    Two massive threads, hundreds of posts, seriously the lot of you should just get a grip, that includes STW, IMHO ❗ ❗

tomhoward

Scream if you wanna go faster!

chip
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpy
    You are really close to falling foul of the rules there chip. Time you backed down.

POSTED 30 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I will apologise, I don’t believe graham is a shit dad As I don’t believe he is heartbroken by the fact his children are suffering a society driven gender based inferiority complex.

But if I did I would.

I will bow out now as I have said all I wanted to and more probably.

GrahamS

It’s just a short filler vid, shot in a day I would imagine, at a posh house with some pretty girls thrown in.

oh they weren’t “pretty girls”, they were “eye candy”, “saucy stunners”, “scantily-clad models” and “buxom beauties” according to the breathless drooling at the Mirror and Record. And just “scenery” according to Danny himself.

But y’know, everyone really respected them as individuals too. 😕

weeksy

Why do people need to be respected? Can they not just exist? Why are they being disrespected by being in the video? Are they not professionals being paid to perform? I’m truly bemused that anything that doesn’t pander to the few therefore must instantly be an insult.

Society is quite laughable and it’s people like those who have issues with this video that make it so.

Men and women are genetically different. It’s not wrong it’s just how it is.

Explain to me why a tribe in the jungle who’ve never known modern society still have the men as hunters? Because that’s what men are designed to be better at. They are men, just because they are, not because society has deemed them so.

Women will mountain bike less than men, just because. Simple as that.

andyrm
    Free Member

On a more important note, I bloody hope some of the ads on here are sold on a CPM rather than CPA basis or else your ad sales team have missed out a shitload of revenue opportunity.

Jamie
    Free Member

Graham ‘No Grey Area’ S.

8)

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

367 posts and 11 pages!

GrahamS

Graham ‘No Grey Area’ S.

You’ve clearly never spoken to my barber.

brant
    Free Member

Explain to me why a tribe in the jungle who’ve never known modern society still have the men as hunters? Because that’s what men are designed to be better at. They are men, just because they are, not because society has deemed them so.

women hunters

stumpy01

Grum….not tying myself in knots. You were implying that women don’t gravitate to engineering because of pressures growing up, rather than just not being interested in it.
    And men go into engineering because it’s a man’s job in a man’s world etc….

In my experience of about 15 yrs in the engineering industry, that isn’t the case. I gave a couple of admittedly meandering examples based on people I know.

Should have stayed out of this thread, to be honest…

Jamie
    Free Member

Should have stayed out of this thread, to be honest…

Yes. Leave this sort of thing to the real men.

Now go put your knickers on, and make me a venti iced skinny hazelnut macchiato, sugar-free syrup, extra shot, light ice, no whip.

stumpy01

Jamie….I would do, but that’s women’s work!

Plus, I can’t work out how to turn the machine on.

bearnecessities

Buy it a few drinks, flash your Amex etc..

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yeah!!! Somebody get in the kitchen in a pasty bikini or something!! What’s kicking off here then? (can’t be bothered reading it)

Also I was expecting a Bang Bros website from Brants link 🙁 😉

GrahamS

Feast your eyes you filthy boy.

bearnecessities

STW takes a moral stance that wasn’t really ‘needed’ as such.

STW subscribers have now got an inferred moral stance through association.

Somebody isn’t a shit Dad.

Otherwise random posts and keyboards with worn out ‘f’ buttons.

andyrm
    Free Member

For the record I think Danny Mac is cool. I also think Hef is cool in a weird outdated (but NOT hipster ironic because I hate that concept) way. I recognise Playboy is a global brand with iconic status and don’t get upset by its use for marketing association to increase the reach of Red Bull’s campaign. I actually drank 2 cans of it today. Please don’t align me with some lefty, PC, apologist group consciousness.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think we can all agree, that this is suspect….

thewanderer
    Free Member

Please don’t align me with some lefty, PC, apologist group consciousness.

Funny how the name calling comes out when you can’t actually form a reasoned case.

It’s like, I want what I want, I can’t put myself in the shoes of people who this may be detrimental to so I’ll throw my toys out of the pram and call people names.

We’ll done andyrm you are the target audience for this video.

cheez0
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eSj640K2xM#t=26[/video]

heheheh.

I love wimmin.

andyrm
    Free Member

Guilty as charged. I like boobs, bikes and beer too. Maybe someone could be offended about beer as well because somebody somewhere once did something bad while drunk so collective guilt should be applied? 😉

Northwind

weeksy – Member

Because women are more important than men, for the continuation of the tribe- you send the disposable dudes out to hunt. But that’s not very relevant here.

bearnecessities

Yeah, but who would reverse-park all the cars?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yeah, but who would reverse-park all the cars?

I’m sorry, but that did make me lol.

*books appt with Pam Germaine Greer

thewanderer
    Free Member

andyrm – Member
    Guilty as charged. I like boobs, bikes and beer too.

And yet you assume I don’t?? Nice one mate.

I love all three but a I also think its time we moved out of the 20th century.

I reckon you guys are all the prudes, its just bodies, watch almost any episode of True Blood for almost every permutation possible. But it is in context with a story, not a film about bike riding aimed at impressionable audiences where women are shown just to be wall candy.

Jamie
    Free Member

And yet you assume I don’t??

I was going to go for victorian swimwear, Priuses and hessian juice.

D0NK

edlong – Member

ftfy….

Erm, no you didn’t. But thanks for trying….. you seriously know more mountain bikers than none mountain bikers?

lemonysam – Member

The one on closest too us will be up all night, it’s clearly not tired.well I thought it was funny even if no-one else did.

Because women are more important than men, for the continuation of the tribe- you send the disposable dudes out to hunt. But that’s not very relevant here.

they’re not daft are they?

travo
    Free Member

This kind of thing pretty much sums up the STW lot. To make such a big thing about how your taking the moral high ground over something that the majority of people either couldn’t give a **** about or just see as a bit of fun. bunch of namby pamby, we know best, hardly ever ride our bikes cos we’re to busy criticising stuff on the web type of people. Stop your bitching, get on your bikes and try having some fun yourselves.

GrahamS

To make such a big thing about how your taking the moral high ground…

They sent one tweet.

grum
    Free Member

This kind of thing pretty much sums up the STW lot. To make such a big thing about how your taking the moral high ground over something that the majority of people either couldn’t give a **** about or just see as a bit of fun. bunch of namby pamby, we know best, hardly ever ride our bikes cos we’re to busy criticising stuff on the web type of people. Stop your bitching, get on your bikes and try having some fun yourselves.

The ironing is so strong here.

_tom_
    Free Member

I think he’s on about the people of this forum.

GrahamS

I think he’s on about the people of this forum.

If he is then he clearly hasn’t read this thread – seems like a pretty even split between those who support STW’s decision and those who don’t.

travo
    Free Member

Grum, normally the missus does that as most of the stuff gets more creased when I do it

Jamie
    Free Member

If he is then he clearly hasn’t read this thread

Wise choice.

stumpy01

D0NK – Member

you seriously know more mountain bikers than none mountain bikers?

Nope. Never said I did.
    And can’t be arsed trawling back through pages of bollocks to find the original comment I made that was edited with the witty ‘ftfy’ tagline, to clarify…….

yunki
    Free Member

I’m not gonna put myself through the exquisite agony of reading the whole thread, but can I just say that I have a smaller than average penis and I’m in an unhappy relationship..

Would anyone be interested in starting a support network..?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

GrahamS

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 420 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack Decide Not To Cover the Danny MacAskill Playboy Video’ is closed to new replies.