• This topic has 30 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Singletrack 2012 Calendar
  • chunkyk
    Free Member

As a digital subscriber do we get the STW 2012 calendar?

I need to know before I steal my mate’s calendar from work!

:o)

thepurist

Can I be the first to complain about this year’s Knog advert. I haven’t actually seen the calendar yet so don’t have a clue what it is, but getting upset about Knog’s picture is a bit of a Xmas tradition on here isn’t it?

yetidave
    Free Member

loved the girls kissing

binners

I’d like to complain about the Knog page too. Not a faux lesbian scene in sight. Exactly how am I meant to upset my female work colleagues then, Eh? Did you think of that? Clearly not! Thoughtless! That’s what it is!

*wanders off mumbling, with calender, scissors, pritt stick and a copy of Razzle*

alfabus
    Free Member

… this year’s Knog advert.

I was just thinking that – I hope this year it can be a calendar of nice mountain biking pictures, rather than some horrible advertising shots that mean I have to put the calendar away for a month.

A plea:

Dear Advertisers,
    Please don’t advertise in the STW calendar unless your advert consists of a nice mountain biking picture – if you do, I promise that I won’t buy any of your products ever.
    Sincerely, Dave.

Dave

matthewlhome
    Free Member

The Charge riders all in their lycra kit 😯
    That is definitely a page that wont be going up at work for fear of it causing offence to me!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Does it stop at December the 21st 2012, the day we’re all DOOMED!?

Cougar

*wanders off mumbling, with calender, scissors, pritt stick and a copy of Razzle*

A real man wouldn’t need the Pritt stick.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve checked through the current Knog catalogue and can’t really find anything that would upset the delicate sensibilities of ST readers.
    Apart from maybe this page. Which features a man in the nuddy on a bicycle (edited for you). And a young lady in small shorts (with obvious bike skillz)
    I hope it’s this one.

chunkyk
    Free Member

While everyone’s comments have made me chuckle I still need to know if I have to steal my mate’s calendar or not.

james
    Free Member

I don’t know whether you get it or not. Though given mine has just come with issue 70, so if they never send you anything normally, how/why would they send you just the calender? Unless they send it digitally?

Anyhow, Knog 2012 calender page, I’d say a let down, similar to the ‘scrapbook’ style of above, but black and white and done over a picture of somewhere urban
    At least the previous knog pictures were actual pictures, even if they (generally) a bit naff

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

No sexiness then?

I WANT TITILLATING DAMMIT!

druidh
    Free Member

No

james
    Free Member

no nothing

Also looking along the charge picture for whats-her-face*, oh shes there, who else is there, hmm, is that the odd looking one from mbuk?

*you know the one, the one thats been in previous charge calender pictures?

Harry_the_Spider

I haven’t seen it yet but have assumed, in the Daily Mail style, a degree of outrage.

I’m suspecting that the Knog picture looks like this

with some thin ladies kissing and touching each other’s bumps in the background.

Harry_the_Spider

Just seen mine now. I think my Knog image is better than the one that they used. 😐

Vortexracing

A real man wouldn’t need the Pritt stick.

PMSL 😆

aracer
    Free Member

I’m left wondering what Charge were thinking. I mean presumably they paid for that picture to be in there? Who in their right mind thinks “ooh look, they have a race team, I’ll buy some of their stuff”?

Last year’s Knog one was the couple with locks? Well I suppose this years is a slight improvement in that I might not feel the need to rip the picture out when it gets to their month.

Harry_the_Spider

Whatever. It goes on the office wall today and looks better than any of the others in the building (apart some of the jaw dropping filth that can be found in the dark places if you know where to look)

Jamie
    Free Member

(apart some of the jaw dropping filth that can be found in the dark places if you know where to look)

Ah. You have been in my local garage’s office as well then?

shaxi
    Free Member

hope to have one ! 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

got mine last night…

the knog and charge ones are stupid – I will put them on my list of brands to never ever buy and will probably take the calendar down for those months (last year I did that when the knog one came around and then I forgot to put it back up again).

some of the other adverts have managed to have nice biking pictures; not that hard, is it?

Dave

shaxi
    Free Member

yes , if ti is good ,i don’t care it is posted here ! 🙂

shedfull
    Free Member

Just got my calendar and ever picture is excellent apart from Knog’s again. Why are they even in that calendar? They’re a second rate manufacturer of trendy bits for commuters and city fixie riders and have nothing to do with mountain biking at all.

And, if Singletrack justify Knog’s advert, as they did last year with “They’re paying for it, they can do what they like”, then No, they aren’t paying for it – we are, as buyers of the mag, the intended audience of the other advertisers and the likely buyers of these other advertisers’ products.

Go tell Knog to take their junk and naff ads for it elsewhere.

mefty
    Free Member

I was a bit disappointed – there are just too many days in it.

phiiiiil

Not as many as a few years ago when there actually /were/ more days in it… 🙂

portlyone

I didn’t get one, is it supposed to come with the magazine?

aracer
    Free Member

Why are they even in that calendar?

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Doubtless somebody will be on shortly to point out that it’s paying for our nice free forum, and without the money from Knog they’d have to make somebody redundant. I still don’t really understand why STW towers can’t maintain editorial control over their own calendar and suggest politely to Charge and Knog that they might do better with pictures which are likely to actually get displayed on the wall rather than torn out.

TPTcruiser

Is it me or was there some sort of Olympic thing going on next year that could have been included in the calendar?

D0NK

I’ve been using pics from previous years to cover the knog pages. Not looked through this one yet, don’t want to spoil the surprise 🙂

Mark

Is it me or was there some sort of Olympic thing going on next year that could have been included in the calendar?

We aren’t invited..

No really! They won’t let us in!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack 2012 Calendar’ is closed to new replies.