• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Singlespeed UK 2018 — It’s on the Isle of Wight!
  • MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

As the title says, that’s where it’s going to be, over the weekend of 15th-16th September. There’ll be all the usual stuff; a bit of riding, a bit of racing (which will be on the beach), live music and cheap beer. If you don’t have a singlespeed just disable your gears and join the party.

http://www.ssuk2018.co.uk if you’re interested.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Already in 🙂

What’s the course and other riding like? I’m debating coming on the CX bike as I’m planning on riding down from Reading and don’t really fancy 100 miles of roads on the fat bike!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

There will be a prologue up over a hill with ‘refreshment’ and big views at the top. The decider will be on the beach, which will be flat. As per the website, anyone caught with cheekily high gearing will be penalised.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Muke
    Free Member

Bookmarking this thread to remind me to sort out my shizzle and get booked up.

Muke
    Free Member

Is it possible to stay on the Sunday night ?

Muke
    Free Member

Sorted ….If you would like to stay for longer than the two nights of the event you will have to arrange that yourself with the campsite.

niksnr
    Free Member

Anyone coming a day or 2 earlier, I’d be happy to show you a few local trails! 😉

dawson

Me and my brother are coming down on Thursday. He isn’t a single speeder, so I’ve told him about taping over his gear levers (and possibly to expect a bit of ribbing! )

Muke
    Free Member

I don’t do Facebook but just heard that souvenir T shirt and Towel orders close on the 22 August. Details on the SSUK 2018 page apparently.

blacklabbikes
    Free Member

2019?

ajantom

Can we not have it on the first weekend of September this year? Means I can never go as it’s the start of term.

When Charlie ran it in Dorset it was the May Bank Holiday, which was perfect 🙂

Muke
    Free Member

2019 ?

Scotland IIRC

Del

what, all of it? that’s going to be some ride. might need to switch out the 18 for a 19….

spooky_b329

The guy was Glasgow based wasn’t he? Looking forward to some details…a date would be useful so I can book time off work 🙂

Muke
    Free Member

Singlespeed UK Championship 2019 on Facebook says 23/24/25 August, venue to be confirmed soon in rural Perthshire or Lanarkshire.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeed UK 2018 — It’s on the Isle of Wight!’ is closed to new replies.