Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SingleSpeed Question?
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Got hold of a OnOne Inbred frame with vertical dropouts so was wondering do I need to adapt the dropouts to use the frame as a singlespeed.

oxym0r0n

Chain tensioner is what you need. Or a “magic ratio” until the chain stretches…

andrewh
    Free Member

Nope. Not if you use a tensioner/old-mech-with-limit-screws-in-the-right-place.

[EDIT] Beaten to it.

muddy@rseguy

all you need is a chain tensioner so you can keep the chain taut and still be able to remove the rear wheel:

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Cheers for the speedy replies, I am building up a singlespeed for a couple of reasons that contradict each other 😕 😆 Firstly its a pub bike project but also to get fit on, May have to find a pub further away though.

tazzymtb

where are you based? I’ve got a surly singulator (very nice chain tension whatsitthingymebob) you can have if you want, it’s in one of the bits bins in the workshop

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I’m in Colwyn Bay Norf Wales tazzy, wherabouts are you?

tazzymtb

drop me an email mate with your address and I’ll see if I can find it and I’ll lob it in the post for you.

TheSwede
    Free Member

You’re too nice Tazz. You need to get some mean in you. Helps you drive past little old ladies that have fallen over on the ice and stuff like that 😉

tazzymtb

swede…shhhhhhhhh it helps to hide the fact I’m actually an evil criminal mastermind 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SingleSpeed Question?’ is closed to new replies.