Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SingleKneeInjuryTrack World
  • Lazgoat
    Free Member

So, in keeping with tradition, another knee injury question!

I’ve had sore knees for a few years, (my right more than left) as a result of playing squash throughout my teens and twenties. I had an MRI scan in 2009 and an osteochondral defect was diagnosed, (cartilage damage). I saw a physio thereafter and he said it was unlikely to ever repair and surgery wasn’t successful in most cases either. I’ve tried to follow the exercises and managed the knee by not pushing it into the movements that cause pain, squatting, kneeling, lunging, running up stairs etc.

I’ve tried riding my bike over the years but the pain in both knees thereafter is rapidly making it not worth it.

I’ve got another physio and osteo appointments coming up but wanted to know whether Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplements are worth trying? Anyone tried a product called Forever Freedom? It’s an Aloe Vera based liquid with Glucosamine Sulphate and Chondroitin.

Thanks.

survivor

I’m having my first experiences of knee pain and have been taking some cod liver oil tablets with added glucosamine from holland and barrret for awhile now. It’s a supposed recommended joint care product so I thought there’s no harm taking it anyway as it’s not expensive. It’ll not do you any harm so I’d say get yourself some.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

How long have you been taking it and have you noticed any improvement?

survivor

Sorry but I can’t really say. My knee problem seems to be tendon related rather than cartilidge or bone like yours but it made me realise my ignorance towards joint care. I decided to start taking the supplement purely to help prevent future problems (I hope!) My point was just get it down you, at the very least you’ll have a healthy brain and nice hair from the cod liver oil!

This is what I’ve been using and you seem to get two bottles for the price.

Maybe someone will come along and recommend something better.

binners

Survivor – I take the cod liver oil, and also Glucosamine Sulphate. I’ve found the combination of the two really helps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SingleKneeInjuryTrack World’ is closed to new replies.