Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Singlejobtrackworld- current salary share or not
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

You’re too qualified / experienced for the role

My response would be to try and understand the unspoken part of that statement which is that in some way this represents a risk. So my response would be:

‘That’s an interesting perspective and I’d like to understand why you would see that as a problem. Tell me what you think the risks are of hiring someone who is more qualified than you need and we can see if I can put your mind at rest.’

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Always aim high.

I moved 3 years ago from a £29,950 Salary and took £35k to move, then found out that others in the same role recruited later were earning 40k, had an uplift to match.

A couple of developments in the role later and i’m on 50k with minimal lift in responsibility.

Always aim high.

br
    Free Member

send a CV as a locked document / pdf

Yep, great advice as it just stops your CV been properly imported into the recruitment CRM software, and/or the agency taking out the personal stuff so they can send it on to clients…

Properly as in ‘skills’ uploaded etc.

And then folk complain that they get called for jobs that don’t suit them.

Don’t you want a better job?

br
    Free Member

You’re too qualified / experienced for the role

Also, “need to understand our ‘actual’ business”

hels
    Free Member

Too qualified and experienced for the role = slumming and will bolt out the door as soon as a prettier role flutters it eyelashes.
    Recruiting is a huge hassle for all involved, I would rather get somebody slightly under-qualified who can do the job with a bit or training and won’t be a total narcissistic know-it-all.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve had to take my P60’s for the last three years to every job interview I’ve been to . I work in sales and it’s that cut and dried. I was an executive search consultant (bastard recruiter) for years and it is a fact of life now that employers want to know what you’re on.

However.

Be honest OP, if you feel that you’re underpaid perhaps you are but how you frame it at interview is very telling. Saying something like, I’ve been really enjoying my role at company X for several years but feel that I have reached a point where my current employer cannot support my professional ambitions and salary expectations. I am now actively looking and am having some very interesting conversations.

Having in demand skills and the right personality is the only way to get a better salary. If the new employer wants to cheap out then do you really want to work there?

Also do not tell recruiters about other interviews you’re attending directly or through other agencies under any circumstances, keep that shit to yourself.

Sundayjumper

I did get the horrible impression that I was the token external candidate to conform with a company policy

Did you then see another job advertised with the same company a couple of weeks later that was very obviously the newly-vacated position after the internal candidate was given their promotion ? And did the job agency phone you up to ask if you were interested ? I had that last year. LOL.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

A couple of developments in the role later and i’m on 50k with minimal lift in responsibility.

50k – pfff- I wouldn’t get out of bed for that…

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Singlejobtrackworld- current salary share or not’ is closed to new replies.