SingleCrackWorld – Hidden Gems

Home Forum Chat Forum SingleCrackWorld – Hidden Gems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SingleCrackWorld – Hidden Gems
  • jolmes

Just found these beauties hidden under some wallpaper in the old larder.  Any opinions on whether they are structural?  Around 5-8mm wide and the corner crack (pic3) i can place around 5″ of screwdriver in…

This larder is located in the rear corner of a semi detached house.  Coal shed is attached to the wall shown in pic 1.

*I know the pipe work is horrendous, this was all prep work to getting them hidden when i found the cracks under the wallpaper

PIc 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Premier Icon qtip
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

Clearly something has moved, but judging from the wallpaper it’s been moved / moving for a long time!

If you’re bothered about it get a reputable surveyor or builder to take a look. A visual inspection of a specific issue by a decent surveyor doesn’t cost a lot.

slackalice

Good luck removing that wood chip 😉

jolmes

Yeah its quite disappointing that the wallpaper has just been done over the cracks and the issues not addressed by the previous landlord/owner.  Its a good sign that the wallpaper wasnt damaged around the cracks so i agree its been like that a long time.

Gonna get some plasters and do some patchwork tomorrow.  Then monitor it for the next year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.