Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SingleBaxicombiboilertrackworld help.
  • slowoldman

I suspect I already know the answer – “get a man in who knows what he’s doing”.

But, I have the low pressure warning light coming on even though the pressure gauge is high (much higher than it should be). Faulty sensor or faulty gauge or something else?

BillOddie

Pressure sensor person here.

The gauge is less likely to be faulty than an electronic sensor.

zilog6128

although our old boiler (which we’ve had replaced) did have a faulty gauge (always showed low pressure) and the plumber said this was not uncommon with an ageing boiler… 🤔

jimdubleyou

We had a baxi back boiler – be glad flames aren’t shooting out the side of it and you’re wondering “what’s that sooty smell?”

To be fair, it was probably close to 25 years old.

jeffl

Conversely on my old Worcester boiler the pressure gauge went a bit wappy, came back from holiday to find out that it had leaked. Replacement guage fixed it and was cheap from plumb centre.

The pressure light never came on.

slowoldman

Pressure sensor person here.

The gauge is less likely to be faulty than an electronic sensor.

That’s what I would have thought. I did the diverter valve last year so I might try replacing the sensor. I am very tempted to change the boiler though, it is getting on a bit. Has anyone any experience of heatable.co.uk?

slowoldman

So… I knocked down the pressure to what I would consider normal by bleeding the rads. Fired up the boiler, low pressure light flashed a couple of times and went out. Turned on heating and it fired up straightaway. Hmm.

snotrag

Are you sure its a ‘low pressure warning’ and not a ‘pressure out of range warning’….

toby1

We had a baxi back boiler

we still have, serviced yearly it’s been running for a lot longer than 25 years (it was old when we arrived here 15 years back).

slowoldman

Are you sure its a ‘low pressure warning’ and not a ‘pressure out of range warning’….

Well it’s described as low pressure.

jimdubleyou

we still have, serviced yearly it’s been running for a lot longer than 25 years

Look after it, and it will probably keep going – from what I recall it’s a pretty simple thing.

Sadly the one we inherited with our house hadn’t been, hence the flames.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.