Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Singapore wierdness
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

As per a previous thread I am stuck in Singapore for a month or so. Having done all the touristy things I am getting bored and so headed out for a walk. Pottered around for a few hours and came across a bike shop. Was still a bit early on Sunday morning for lots of things to be open here. So I pushed my nose against the glass and saw many, many expensive and shiny things. This is looking like a place I should come back for a proper look when it opens. Then I notice “by prior appointment only” FFS! Since when can a bike shop in any part of the world afford to carry on like that?

Anyway walking back to the hotel i was narrowly missed by an One One Inbred 29er on the pavement.

Not the best story I know but all seemed a bit surreal.

stewartc
    Free Member

I imagine that is related to test rides, all the bike shops I visited there I have never seen that, where was this shop?
    If your after a gander around bike shops, a good place to visit is 33 Ubi Ave 3, 408868 , there are load of them all in the same block.
    Start at the large Scott dealer and just walk around the block.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Google tells me it was here: http://elitecustom.sg/

I see that they are pretty much a fitting service that carries a few upmarket brands. That makes more sense now.
    However, almost getting mown down by an Inbred on the pavement.

Thanks for the tip on the locations of the shops. Will have a look at that now.

stewartc
    Free Member

I have a friend out there who does a regular weekend ride, if you can hire a bike maybe I can hook you up with him, PM me if you are interested?

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m living and working in Singapore, have been for the last 6 months. Most of the bike scene is based around road and Fixies, however there are some good bike shops about, saw one yesterday selling Boardman, the one near my work specializes in fat bikes, selling Salsa and Surly.
    Some good shops but prices are crazy, expect to pay well over the UK equivalent. For example I saw an old on one tinbred in a shop, wanted $3000 for a second hand bike…

If anyone has details of biking groups, please let me know.

seadog101

OK, so this was going back a few years (about 10!), but his place did live up to its name:

Cheap John’s Enterprise (Bike Shop)

Plenty of cheap bits and bobs to be had, but the bikes were no cheaper than elsewhere.

stewartc
    Free Member

Singapore MTB Website
    That should get you started Oop North.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Cheers Stewartc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Singapore wierdness’ is closed to new replies.