Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Since when have the royal mail delivered on a Sunday?
  • dan1980
    Free Member

Went for a ride today, left the house at about 12.

Got home this evening to find a Royal Mail delivery note, saying they tried to deliver a package and I was out, dated 7/11/10 at 9:20.

I was in at 9:20 and no-one rang the doorbell, but I didn’t think RM did anything on a Sunday?

Excitingly, I’ve not ordered anything, so I wonder what’s in the “grey package”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Someone attempts to deliver a suspicious/unknown package on a sunday claiming they are from the Royal Mail ?

I would get onto the anti-terrorist hotline without delay me ol’fruit.

project
    Free Member

The postie may either be a day early or a day late.

Beware if its a printer from the Yemen.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Most days our first delivery is at 14.30, bless ’em

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“first” delivery ? 😕

I thought Royal Mail scrapped second deliveries years ago ?

Or in your case, first delivery.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

somebody planning an easy day on Monday.

Everything is taken staight to the P.O. they then post (very quietly) the card through your door. Takes less time, delivery target hit.

happened to me once, card at 06:45, I was up and eating breakfast so heard the letterbox go

postierich
    Free Member

Major changes are in progress and undoable duties in an 8 hour day are causing Royal Mail to offer Overtime on a Sunday to help clear excess packets that are beginning to build up in the run up to Xmas.

Only happening in areas that have gone through revision of duties.

New start times ie later will only make the problem worse 🙄

Tis modernisation you know!

happened to me once, card at 06:45, I was up and eating breakfast so heard the letterbox go
    Really! we so enjoy carrying your parcel around and everyone elses then writing out a card then carrying it around our delivery to take back to the office 🙄

PJ266
    Free Member

Dont want to fuel the obvious fire, but that is kind of their/your job? No?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

we so enjoy carrying your parcel around and everyone elses then writing out a card then carrying it around our delivery to take back to the office

the point is they weren’t carrying the parcel, it was faster to dump them at the PO and shove cards through doors (without knocking)

the sender paid for delivery to the door, not the local PO. I’ll send a complaint to postwatch next time

my regular postie is a star, issues are always when he is off.

rondo101
    Free Member

PJ, i think your sarcasm detector might be malfunctioning. And your ability to read a post correctly 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

somebody planning an easy day on Monday.

They’re crafty feckers them postmen.

I wonder what the work-shy chancer will be doing on monday ?

No doubt taking drugs and cavorting with prostitutes, or other such things I dare say 😐

Hip
    Free Member

No doubt taking drugs and cavorting with prostitutes, or other such things I dare say

😯

Where do I sign up ?

rOcKeTdOg

yup, i had a package delivered today too

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Your postman planning an easy Monday too rOcKeTdOg ? 😯

Jeeeezus………….this postman skiving has become pandemic 😐

monkeychild
    Free Member

Really! we so enjoy carrying your parcel around and everyone elses then writing out a card then carrying it around our delivery to take back to the office

Postman in complaining about his job shocker!!! Lets make it easier for you guys by cutting out the middle men and hand delivering all the letters etc ourselves 😉

PJ266
    Free Member

rondo – I dont think so 🙂

dawson

yup, we had a delivery of 3 parcels at 08.50 this morning – wondered what was going on!

Hohum
    Free Member

Ours did it last year in the few weeks before Christmas.

Seems a bit early to start it now though 😕

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Since when have the royal mail delivered on a Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.