Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Simple non boost to boost conversion kits.
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Bought on eBay from the states. Giving it a try this morning.

singlespeedstu

Be interested to see how you get on with this.

DT78
    Free Member

Me too, so it spaces out the disc mounts too? Would there be any issues with dish?

chilled76
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a wolftooth boostinator, same thing in principle as above looking at it. Yes you need to re-dish the wheel over by about 5mm.

fd3chris
    Free Member

No dishing as it just centres the wheel with equal spacers and then brings out the disc to suit.

chilled76
    Free Member

Ah just seen the difference yeas you are right, no dishing required on your kit.

The wolftooth one has a new one side longer end cap for specific hubs and a disc spacer. That way you end up with proper boost chain line but you do need to dish the wheel over 3mm to compensate

fd3chris
    Free Member

Front wheel prepped.

In place and lines up.

The rear was the same and as easy. I will have to adjust the mech for the 3mm when I ride it later.
    Trek stache 7 with normal 29er wheels . Plenty of clearance as you could guess. Is also much lighter now.

IA

How did you get on with these?

papercutout
    Free Member

Lighter, sure, but is it anywhere near as fun? Does it feel more XC-like now, faster, or just less grip?

LAT

what is the drive side like? Any problems with the chain line with the wheel being cantered in wider dropouts?

singlespeedstu

What’s that setup like trying to get the two spacers in when it’s dark and raining?
    I’m thinking the spacer on one side and re dishing may be the easier option to live with out on the trail.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I slightly sanded both faces of the wheel and the spacers and super glued them on. I’m not using the wheels on anything else although they are easy to remove with a quick tap. No problem with chainline at all as it is only 3mm . Ive only ridden it around the block but it feels like a normal modern 29er.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Simple non boost to boost conversion kits.’ is closed to new replies.