Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Simple Minds
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

New album ” Walk Between Worlds ”

Well worth a listen if you are / were a fan ..the best work they have produced in years ..Ive just downloaded from Spotify..but the full album is also on YouTube..which I will try to link..

Described as an album of two halves ( hence the album title ? ) ..the first being a throwback to their post punk days with ‘ glassy guitars ‘ ..whatever that means ..the second half with a ‘ cinematic sound ‘

I liked it on first hearing and Charlie Burchill is on top form in the second half ..

Might have to see them again at Durham Cricket Club in the summer …

Walk Between Worlds: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHEFZtUdhCAAJbPFpUH3V6FHtoat2VLbP

<span style=”font-size: 12.8px;”>https://open.spotify.com/concert/1ioMq7czG79tgC46hArIRG?si=YjRfov0eQg6hCzqWBFz6NA</span&gt;

fossy

Ta.

U2 have gone right crap

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Bleurgh.

dovebiker

First saw them in 1979 on the Custom’s House Quay bandstand on the Clyde, summer 1979 where they were promoting their new single Life in a Day – then popped up to Listen records to buy a copy

Next year they played a double-header at Tiffany’s with some band from Dublin….

bikebouy
    Free Member

I just can’t get past “glittering prize”

Sad eh…

Cougar

Back at school there was always an argument as to who was best, Simple Minds and U2.  I always preferred Simple Minds but in hindsight U2 had The Edge.

ThePinkster

Just a shame about the appallingly bad cover of Dirty Old Town at the end; other than that it’s a really good album.

Will be watching them this time next week at the Manchester Albert Hall and really looking forward to it.

simondbarnes

Cheers, will fire up Google music later.

gordimhor
    gordimhor

Well jeez looks like I have posted a video despite the bit for pasting the link dancing around the screen

That was Simple Minds best imo.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Theme for Great Cities.

Nearly 40yrs old and still sounds amazing..

simondbarnes

Well definitely worth a 2nd listen 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

When I’ve finished listening to all of the 2018 releases by interesting artists* and caught up with the noise albums listed in this months Uncut, I’ll maybe give Simple Minds a go. But I doubt it.

*in case any wondering -Ty Segall, Hookworms, Hodge, US Girls, Cadence Weapon, Childish Gambino, Palbommen II, Groundislava, Avatism, Eric Copeland, L’Orange, ..etc.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Not enough hours in the day Dez..!

DezB
    Free Member

Advantages of a job where no-one talks to you!

john_l
    Free Member

Saw their acoustic set in Brighton last summer, Charlie Burchill was excellent and looked like Jonny Cash, Jim Kerr was awful.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I once heard, via someone’s audio system, Kerr bellowing at me to “Sanctify yourself”.

My immediate reaction was to comment “Oh do **** off you pompous ****”.

hodgynd
    Free Member

..so not a fan then ?😁

matt_outandabout

Oh, thats growing on me. Perfect for lunch run and a long afternoon ahead…

trailwagger
    Free Member

Back at school there was always an argument as to who was best, Simple Minds and U2.  I always preferred Simple Minds but in hindsight U2 had The Edge.

Bravo.

duckman

I quite like it, Simple minds provided a fair bit of the soundtrack of my youth, whether I liked it or not. Speed your love to me makes me 16 years old again. The live version of book of brilliant things 18. There was even the odd gem in the later stuff, Hypnotised is a brilliant song.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Simple Minds’ is closed to new replies.