Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Simple looking corners that give you loads of trouble
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You drop down from the right of the picture, around the tree and out of the left of the picture. If I tip-toed around – fine. Repeatedly trying to carry more pace and lifting over the roots, I hooked-up and/or slid out on the camber, narrowly avoid dropping into the pit on the left. Ahhhhhh!!!!!

hairyscary

That doesn't look simple to me!

Take away the roots and it would be simple.

Who_else
    Free Member

It's all in the weight transfer. Go a wee bit slower into it than you're are trying, but lift the front wheel a bit higher. As the front is over the first root kick the rear sharply into the ground, but let it rebound – try it and see what happens.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

:oops:Just get off and walk, i would

TheSwede
    Free Member

Approach the turn far over to the left (the right looking at the pic) then turn in as close to the tree as poss. Backing it in may be slightly smother then a sharp turn. Unweight over the first root then push the front down and out the other side on the right hand side of the trail. That's how I read it sat here in my chair any hoo. If wet then potter around it like an old lady.

allthepies
    Free Member

theswede – bang on, this armchair mtb thang is easy 🙂

Who_else
    Free Member

Nope. Bang in the middle. There's a natural ramp to lift the back wheel.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ha. I've just notice the bike in the corner and the scale of the (very slight) problem. Thought that first root was about a foot thick near the tree. Just hammer it 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hard to see but just after the roots there is a dip. After lightening over the roots, the front wheel sorta falls into this dip and I was getting thown forward all this then causing icky slide left toward the pit of death.

Good one isn't it?!

TheSwede
    Free Member

29er? 😉

Who_else
    Free Member

It's an easy corner. You've just not figure out how to ride it yet. Left, middle, middle is the way forward.

jedi

close to tree and outside foot down and turn your body facing up the hill

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yeah I agree about the line – it's my bike handling that's to cock. Had fun sessioning this stuff for an hour or so. Some of the easier bits:

jedi

singletrack?

singlespeedstu

I'd come in wide before the big root then hit it close to the tree and try and jump the little bits after it and stay high where the hole on the left is..

TheSwede
    Free Member

jedi – Member

close to tree and outside foot down and turn your body facing up the hill
    Do you mean inside foot down. Would be very weird putting your left foot down whilst turning right.

HansRey

i'd stay as close to the tree as i'd dare. Stay loose and neutral.

Who_else
    Free Member

shakes head at the swede

jedi

swede. outside foot down!!!

jedi

dont focus on the details!

TheSwede
    Free Member

I knew that's what you meant master. 😉

jedi

never inside foot.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Even when sliding the rear into a corner ? That's the foot I will be putting down if any. Not questioning your riding skills. I bow to your genius but from enduro and supermoto riding its the inside leg thats always unweighted in my book of how to scrabble around corners.

Who_else
    Free Member

Nobody is talking about unweighting a foot though. Outside pedal down…

singlecrack
    Free Member

Just look at the layout 1 root is better than 6 go close to the tree

remember speed is your friend 😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Blimey it's not a foot-out kinda corner!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Who_else – Member

Nobody is talking about unweighting a foot though. Outside pedal down…
    Yeah pedal down not foot. Sorry. I miss understood when Toni said outside foot down I thought down on the ground. My bad. Of course outside pedal down and weighted. unless counter steering with your weight on the out side of the seat and weight the inside peg. oops. motorbiking again.

allthepies
    Free Member

theswede has blown it 🙂

singlespeedstu

Who_else – Member
    Outside pedal down…

That's how I read it too.

Not left foot down but left pedal down.

Oh and Swede. Don't try and pull your when I rode enduro and supermoto shite or i'll start telling you about how i rode championship class at British Chamionship Enduros and on the British ISDE team.

so there… 😛

TheSwede
    Free Member

I love scotch. Scotchy scotchy scotch. 😀

singlecrack
    Free Member

why dont you turn on the inside of the tree ???
    looks easier tbh

TheSwede
    Free Member

Stu, You can tell me in the morning at the FOD. And I know you did. X

singlespeedstu

You can tell me in the morning at the FOD

i would but i'm sure wokboy will have a far more extravagant made up tale to tell you. 😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Inside of tree is full of debris. I could clear it, but it not where the trail goes – riding what is there is important point I think.

I'll try it at night – makes things easier. S'good to have things you can't ride well, or at all.

So who else has a tricky corner?

TheSwede
    Free Member

😀 No doubt. That's why I haven't asked him for a lift 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

How about this for a line?

Solid line – slow
    Dotted line – fast, airborne.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Yep that's what I said and no one would have any of it. Especially that sss who's shopping trolley wont fit around that tree at all. Oh and I will be on the wrong bike tomorrow for any bravado stu, which ever one I might bring 😉

singlespeedstu

Especially that sss who's shopping trolley wont fit around that tree at all.

Yep it's a 29er and as all the expert* on here will tell you 29er need to book an appointment a week in advance to make even the slightest turn. 😆

* folks who have never ridden a 29er.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Pops chameleon back in shed and wheels out clown bike. Now where are my braces and red bowler.

singlespeedstu

I can report back from todays ride that The Swede showed us all his foot down cornering technique.

Even on the straight bits. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Simple looking corners that give you loads of trouble’ is closed to new replies.