Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Simple household tasks which are extraordinarily difficult
  • footflaps

The blister packs for those little CR2032 (or whatever they are called) batteries that go into lights and HR straps. Bloody impossible to get into and then you have to remember to remove the little peel off tab on the battery or your HR monitor won’t work and you will be left wondering why… I’m told😉

Stanley knife blade, slide it under the battery rather than slicing across the top.

I carry a pair of batteries with a new stanley knife blade taped to the back of them in my bike toolkit as the SRAM AXS shifters use them and they tend to go flat mid ride randomly once a year…

thebunk

My MiL was shocked I don’t rinse plates. I told her that nowadays dishwashers can use less heat and water due to advances in dishwasher tablet science. Modern tablets contain compounds that react with grease and food bits to help lift the dirt. Washing this stuff off beforehand inhibits that reaction.

This was ages ago and I can’t remember if I was making it up or not.

pocpoc
    Free Member

I’d say matching plastic boxes and lids can be a challenge in our house

Yep. I can find the lid but not the box. The next day I can find the box but not the lid. I’m sure it’s some sort of magic trick where as soon as you see a lid, the matching box disappears in to thin air.

trailhound101

Putting the clocks backwards and forwards (nearly that time again) … especially in the car (for which I can’t find the manual and when I do, can’t find the page and by the time I’ve worked it out 6 months have almost passed so wonder why I bother).
    Just that really.

beamers

Peeling a piece of clingfilm off the roll.. they always start ok, then seem to get bashed on the end and you peel an ever-shrinking piece, then you have to find the end and pick it with your fingernail… its worse than dented sellotape!

Grappling with cling film was going to send me to an early grave. Then, one of these came into my life:

The mighty Lakeland Wrapmaster Foil and Cling Film Dispenser

Naturally you can only fit Lakeland cling film in to it but I’m prepared to overlook that.

inkster
    Free Member

“Garlic should be sliced thinly.

100% this. And then crushed with the side of the knife to release the oil”

Adding a few salt flakes helps release the oils for maximum unctiousness. Makes the garlic taste less bitter than using a crusher as well.

inkster
    Free Member

I’ve got a Bacofoil cling film dispenser and rather than get the expensive Bacofoil replacement rolls with a proprietary fit I just buy a cheaper cling film roll that’s less wide.

Works just as well.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Simple household tasks which are extraordinarily difficult Understanding what MrsWCA actually wants me to do when she says something that doesn’t request me to do anything but results in suffering if I don’t do it.

Cougar

Modern tablets contain compounds that react with grease and food bits to help lift the dirt. Washing this stuff off beforehand inhibits that reaction.

This was ages ago and I can’t remember if I was making it up or not.

All detergents contain compounds that react with grease and food bits to help lift the dirt. Washing this stuff off beforehand means there’s less to lift.

Modern tablets contain other stuff which negates the need for separate salt and rinse aid (though I suspect most people still add it anyway).

I can’t remember if I’m making this up or not either.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Page 3 and no one has said ironing yet?

OK, I will. Ironing

edward2000
    Free Member

Trying to decipher the wifes cryptic instructions.

mattyfez

Page 3 and no one has said ironing yet?

Only 2 things need ironing. Trousers for work and long sleeve shirts for work.
    Ironing a good straight line is a pain but looks fabulous, darling.

FuzzyWuzzy

Only 2 things need ironing. Trousers for work and long sleeve shirts for work

This. I’ve got an Aunt who irons her bed sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases – wtf?

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.