Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Simoncelli
  • lockrobnkel
    Free Member

Christ that was one of the worst crashes i’ve seen, Side show bob my thoughts and prayers are with you

carbon337
    Free Member

Where is it on. Heard loads about this crash in the last ten mins on the web.

Konastoner
    Free Member

It’s on You Tube and it’s not pretty.If he has survived it will be a miracle.

Muke
    Free Member

RIP Marco

Can’t even begin to think how Edwards and Rossi must be feeling.
    Sad day for MotoGP

bonzodog
    Free Member

This is a sad sad day.

🙁 🙁 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

carbon, why are you so keen to watch someone die?

spudnick
    Free Member

saw this as it happened. a tragic accident and a sad loss for for moto gp. a very tallented rider who was going to go far in the sport

RIP Marco

tails
    Free Member

carbon, why are you so keen to watch someone die?

I assume he was not pronounced dead at the time!

Just woke up to read this, I’m a bit part motoGP fan as I like the overtaking. He was my favourite rider I’m beyond gutted!

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Not good at all 🙁 RIP big hairy fella.

geoffj

Terrible news – watching the video, it looks like he may have been in serious trouble before Edwards hit him 😥

RIP

rainbow
    Free Member

A shocking and horrible crash especially seeing the helmet rolling off the track, he didnt have much chance after Edwards hitting his body and Rossi hitting his helmet. A sad week for motorsports with Dan Wheldon last week and then this today.

RIP Marco Simoncelli 🙁

stephen131
    Free Member

Very sad day for the sport , Marco brought some real exitement to the races. 🙁

69er
    Free Member

RIP Marco 🙁 .

youngrob

Horrible horrible crash. Sad day.

mashiehood
    Free Member

i am not a moto gp fan but i was watching the race this morning and saw it live – i felt totally sick. RIP Simoncelli, thoughts are with your family and lady.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

I feel sick.

Simioncelli one of the most exciting riders about.

Gutted

RIP Marco !

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Terrible news.

I was just gonna watch the race after the rugby when I heard.

Looks like his helmet strap had broken away from its mounting in the impact? THe initial off didn’t look too bad but he tried to keep it up and ended up going back across the track, possibly trapped under the bike?

Because safety is so good these days we tend to forgot how dangerous motorcycle racing is but there’s little you can do to legislate for when riders get hit by other bikes.

The sport has lost one of its greatest characters and future superstars.

😥

epicyclo

RIP. A future World Champ lost to the sport.

Brings back memories of all the friends I’ve lost to motorbike racing and on the road.

Ride safe folks.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes undoubtedly he was the future of Moto GP, just an awful tragedy he will be greatly missed.

oldgit
    Free Member

Bloody hell. Saw the crash this morning. Thought the reports of his condition at the time didn’t tally with the cancelation of the race.
    Simoncelli…….

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Feel like someone has punched me in the stomach, gutted.
    Thoughts for his family & friends, what a star he was, always 100%

Crell
    Free Member

I am a massive SuperSic fan. He was the best thing to happen to MotoGP in recent years, bringing some colour, flair and proper elbows-out racing to the class. I only heard when the BBC race coverage came on (and wondering why SKY+ had only the 125s and Moto2 races).

He was a future world champion in the making and a massive talent. GP racing will not be the same without him. Motorcycle racing has lost a massive character in all senses.

I haven’t seen the crash video; I don’t want to, but the Daily Mail website (which is at the top of a google search for Sic) disgusts me. The video is up there, but more graphically the stills capture from the video that leave nothing to the imagination.

http://marcosimoncelli.it/

RIP

woodchip46
    Free Member

RIP Marco. Such a loss to the sport, was having a great end of season and showing much potential, the future Rossi IMO. You’ll be missed Sideshow.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

RIP Simoncelli.
    The worlds a poorer place without your flamboyant style and character.

theloner
    Free Member

What a terrible accident. At least, I suppose, he died doing what he loved. I hope his family can take at least a little comfort in that.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Steve Parish’s prediction of Rossi retiring comes to fruition, he must be devastated.
    R.I.P Marco

kerv
    Free Member

Haven’t seen the accident and don’t want to. Thoughts go out to Colin and Valentino too. RIP Marco. 🙁

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Horrific to say the least 😯

mushrooms
    Free Member

RIP Marco.

Incredibly unlucky for Rossi to have struck his head it didn’t look that bad otherwise.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve been a big fan of Marco Simoncelli since he started in Moto GP

To be honest, I don’t think it’ll be worth watching without him.

Rest in peace Marco, and thanks for the wonderful show.

🙁

Zedsdead
    Free Member

mushrooms – I was watching it live this morning and they were playing replays over here. I don’t think Rossi did hit his head. It looked like he ran over his arm, the helmet looked it was already off.

Anyway, it was horrific, my heart was truly in my mouth.

I think this may be early retirement for both Edwards and Rossi.

Such as sad loss, my thoughts go to his family and friends.

I had been following Marco for some time. He is greatly missed.

RIP Marco

yodagoat
    Free Member

Very very sad. A terrible loss.

AndyRT
    Free Member

He is going to be missed. I feel for his family and friends.

markenduro
    Free Member

Gutted at the loss of such a great character, he really shone amongst the rest of the riders as he had the equivalent of a Colin McCrae style and also was always entertaining in interviews. At some point he would have been world champ, he had matured quite a lot in the past few races and was showing some real promise. MotoGP will not be the same without him.

rockhopper70

Terrible tragedy.
    Undoubtedly a terrific talent who seemed to be just reeling in his much criticised “aggresive” riding and becoming a force to be reckoned with.
    RIP Marco

And I suspect we have seem Rossi on a MOTO GP bike riding in anger. It was his mate he ran in to and I think that is going to take some getting over.
    I just hope the last race in two weeks is either cancelled with the title already decided or they have a tribute race.

racefaceec90

that is horrible 🙁 i haven’t watched moto gp today) was watching the practice yesterday though,and was hoping marco was going to beat stoner.r.i.p marco (he really was going to be one to watch/win moto gp in the future 🙁

colnagokid

Saw the crash live this morning, and thought it didnt look good.
    Lost a great mate on Monday night, died tragically young.
    It right what they say…..only the good die young
    R.I.P. Fellas 😥

Rockape
    Free Member

Very very sad news 🙁 he brought so much to the sport. He was looking as if he was going to be a massive star with heaps of protential. A very big loss to the sport and all racing fans the world over. R I P Marco you entertained us all with your style and personality you will be missed.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Started watching this morning…literaly popped out for a cuppa, came back, and it was red flagged. The man to watch this year… probably the only man worth watching. Exciting, erratic, and fun.
    lost for words,
    my commiserations to all he left behind.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

So sad for all involved. 24 is too young. Thoughts are especially with his Dad who was trackside.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Simoncelli’ is closed to new replies.