Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Similar tyres to Barzo/Mezcal 2.35 combo?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

I was running Barzo/Mezcal 2.35 combo and the Mezcal took a flint to the side and only tyre I had was a Barzo 2.25 which I chucked on the rear.

Really don’t like it on the rear and have struggled to find a Mezcal back in stock for a while now.

Any Maxxis or other brands that would be similar spec to a Barzo/Mezcal combo?

Then again might not find stock of much!

si77

Maxxis equivalents are probably Ardent Race/Rekon Race, but the Rekon Race only available as 2.25.

Assuming you want 29″, then Mantel have the Mezcal 2.35 in stock.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Thank you. Searched for the Mezcal and couldn’t find one anywhere!

Ordered 2 as shipping was £10 and price is decent.

boardmanfs18

Thanks as well, as also been looking for a mezcal.

four
    Free Member

I’m thinking of swapping out Mezcal as I’ve done two recently on flint and I’m not sure the puncture resistance is ‘decent’ in terms of flints.

Saying that I have one coming tomorrow as a replacement as need a tyre for this week for the SDW. It’s either that or put a set of Rekon Race on that I have in the shed.

Anyone else doubt the durability of the Mezcal? Would a Rekon Race offer better resistance to flints?

jayx2a
    Free Member

My Mezcal was done on a flint but I’m pretty sure not many tyres would have survived. It was coming up to 10months old and had been solid before that.

dickie
    Free Member

Schwalbe Racing Ray / Racing Ralph

susepic

Spesh FastTrak v similar to Mezcal

Certini have a few in stock i think

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Similar tyres to Barzo/Mezcal 2.35 combo?’ is closed to new replies.