Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Silver rims on predominantly black bikes…
  • cp

Having a little re-jig around, and I have some spare rims in silver that would potentially end up on a predominantly black bike.

The tart in me is saying this is going to look a bit meh.

Anyone got pics of their black ish bike with silver rims??

ads678

It’s weird, I HATE anything but black rims even though I am partial to a bit of Hope bling and other anodised goodies.

But actually, silver rims on a black bike with other silver bits could look quite nice.

ajantom

I had white Stans rims on an all black bike, and it looked pretty cool (IMO!)

dc1988

I think it could look good, all black is usually a bit too stealth but just a bit of bling can look great.

cp

I do have some silver XT brakes and cranks that could also ‘supplement’ the silver I guess.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

I’ve also had Stans rims in white on a black frame and fork and it looked mint.

ayjaydoubleyou

MTB – all black, or black with decals in my opinion.

Silver looks nice on road bikes of a more classic shape – roundish tubed metal ones.

Generally, I’m a fan of a coloured (ie mainly one colour, with logos) frame, and everything else as black as possible.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like silver rims, there’s just not many options unless you sand them down yourself.

Black frames with anodized trinkets is a trend that really needed to die 20 years ago and go live in this thread.

The avocado bathroom suites of the future

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Silver rims on predominantly black bikes…’ is closed to new replies.