Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Silly Idea?
  • slackboy

It looks like i’ll be spending more time over in Sheffield so I’m thinking about getting another bike to keep over there. I have a 2017 Giant Trance 2 and new SolarixMax already.

The trance has been upgraded from standard (wheels, brakes, dropper, drive train)

I’ve also seen a great deal on a 2018 Carbon Bronson with same fork/shock as the Trance.

My silly idea is to buy a Clockwork 137 frame and swap the forks & dropper from the trance and the rest of the components from a new bronson to build a hardtail to keep in sheffield. Then sell the trance frame and build the bronson into a higher spec bike with the rest of the trance components.

Obviously I’d then buying a new bike and a new hardtail frame.

Is that stupid idea? Would I really notice any difference between the trance and the bronson?

Even if I did would it be better to keep the Trance in sheffield rather than spending more and getting a hardtail frame too – I’m thinking hardtail would be lower maintenance.

In essence am I being seduced by brand hype and I would be better off spending less overall on a 2nd hand hardtail?

the00
    Free Member

You have two bikes. Rather than take one to Sheffield, you are suggesting buying 2 more.
    That doesn’t make sense. But if you want some new bikes, just admit it.

slackboy

But if you want some new bikes, just admit it.

its a fair cop… 🙂

madmechanist
    Free Member

Who needs an excuse to buy more bikes…hmmm…nobody…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That’s some top quality man-maths!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Silly Idea?’ is closed to new replies.