Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Silly cyclist giving other cyclists a bad name? Tour wannabes?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Watched a roadie dressed in UCI yellow jersey for XL gut, hogged the road
    and can’t be bothered to use the adjacent cycle path.

Looks back at the que of cars and carries on riding on a 60 mph country A road. Cars flying towards us.

Use the cycle lane if there is one?

I’m thinking he has every right to use the road but at nearly a metre out? and even I have let cars get by on hills.

Dam T de France TV wannabes!

(Gave him loads of space while overtaking the fat Banana 😉

(Runs for cover)

jam-bo

Pretend he was a tractor.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lame troll but I am sure they will respond

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yawn

brooess
    Free Member

According to John Franklin (recommended reading for Bikeability) this guy was following best practice – ride primary position for safety, and cycle paths are usually so badly designed they put you at greater risk

Cyclecraft

ton

soon winter will be upon us……it will be all back to normal… 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

does somebody need to get out more?

aracer
    Free Member

Nah, can’t be bothered.

Zzzzzzzz

imnotverygood

Went for a ride this evening with half a dozen people, a couple of whom were almost complete novices: Ned in a Corsa went past on a blind bend doing close on a ton. Does this give all drivers a bad name?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

As ton says winter will soon come around and the fair weather crew will crawling on their hands and knees back to the warmth and safety of the local gym or plumping up the winter plumage on the sofa.

bigG
    Free Member

He was riding a bike, good on him. More power to the fatties that try to do something about it and get out there.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ton – Member
    soon winter will be upon us……it will be all back to normal…

Yep the fair weather tends to bring out the fair weather F1 wannabe’s cruzing round pretending they actually have somewhere important to be when really they just popped out for some more pies and larger from the shop 5 mins round the corner.

aracer
    Free Member

Could have been worse, he could have blown you up

crosshair
    Free Member

I much prefer the slow fat ones. I can’t overtake the 19-25mph crew in my old tractor 😉

ampthill

Post deleted

can’t be bothered to argue

Markie
    Free Member

I’d agree that he should have pulled over. So should tractors and caravans if they’re holding up a queue of traffic (and set to continue to do so for a while).

Yes it’s rude, no it’s not just cyclists – but at this time of year it’s more likely to be a cyclist while a month or two back it was tractors hauling hay. Nest month we’ll start getting the caravans!

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Just trollin’. Not even a good one at that. Next please! 😀

wilburt
    Free Member

I’m leaving for work in a minute, the road will be blocked by hundreds of fatties in cars.

mrblobby
    Free Member

stur
    Free Member

Well Frankenstein I tell you what gets on my tits… the Mallorca Mamil’s. These cliquey tossers think they have god given right to be the only cyclists on the road. I ride & live in the Dales & the tour has also brought these out in force. Fresh from their ‘tanning’ camp in Mallorca, if they aren’t strutting around the cafes in Rafa & factor smell like the wife, talking power stats & name dropping.They are busy chamois creaming their ego’s by slagging off or trying to race every newbie on the road. Good on Mr UCI Yellow Belly for getting our on his bike.

simonside
    Free Member

Every year there is a sportif(mass road ride without clocks…) that passes the bottom of our garden. EVERYONE of the attendees thinks they have the use of the entire width of the road…ITS NOT CLOSED, you have to obey the traffic laws that exist every other day of the year you ignorant ****!

GavinB

I think the OP clearly demonstrates that phenomena of posting on a public forum before engaging their brain (or spellcheck).

Poor troll. Please don’t feed the troll. Bad troll.

ps. Good on the guy getting out on his bike.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m late to this….are slow fat riders now banned from the road?

*for sale, Spesh road bike, never raced, thrashed or crashed….*

scandal42
    Free Member

He wasn’t getting out on his bike as the person doesn’t exist.

GrahamS

Can’t be bothered with this trolly post either, but I’ll give you a minor bite to cheer you up:

The bloke has every right to be on the road. “nearly a metre out” is sensible and exactly what government-backed cycle training recommends.

The adjacent cycle path may not go the same way, or may be in a poor state of repair, have a crap surface, glass, or might be shared with pedestrians so not suitable for the pace he wanted to do.

Yes, if he had a queue behind him for an extended period then he probably should have pulled over at some point as a courtesy, but even that has risks so he may have been waiting for a safe place to do so.

TiRed

Well he was on his road bike. I ride my track bike on the track, my mountain bike on the mountains and my road bike on the road. My “cycle path” bike was put away long ago when the kids got too old to pootle 😉

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I have no problem with him.
    He had every right to be there.
    He could let the cars go by like tractors and most cyclists do this though.
    Not trolling and nothing wrong with being a fatty.

GrahamS

So really your original post should read something like:

and can’t be bothered to use the adjacent cycle path.

Looks back at the que of cars and carries on riding on a 60 mph country A road. Cars flying towards us.

I’m thinking he has every right to use the road but at nearly a metre out? and even I have let cars get by on hills.

(Gave him loads of space while overtaking the fat Banana

(Runs for cover)

?

aracer
    Free Member

I think the problem Graham isn’t the extra stuff he’s added, it’s the bit he missed out about how the cyclist was stopping cars go past. Missile launcher?

stur
    Free Member

[So really your original post should read something like:

and can’t be bothered to use the adjacent cycle path

(Gave him loads of space while overtaking the fat Banana

(Runs for cover)

?

]
    Well put Graham S.
    If the TDF inspires anyone to get out on a bike then job done.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

lol ok I should have said riders could let a que get by.

Then drivers should give me more room when overtaking.

Credit to the fatty riding.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Argued this point once and was shot down with stuff about “vehicular riding”. I.e. “screw the cycle paths, ride as if you’re a car”.

Kind of get the point, though another point is you are not a car, and more to the point, on some roads if you were a car driving so slow you could be done for dangerous driving.

All depends on the cycle path though. Most are utter shite. The one I moaned about I ride myself and is a nice wide and smooth path well out of traffic. I ride it to keep out of the way and blast down the path at speed, but have been in long queues driving behind people who refuse to use it. Like a good tractor driver (many are not when they are on the road) I see the sense in realising you’re creating a big queue and do something about it. Only applies in some situations though with bikes. Also if I do hit a cycle path, I prefer to get back on then road at junctions instead of take some huge detour into dark alleys and be forced to wait to cross busy roads with no traffic signals. On the road at a junction people have to give way to you like any other vehicle. Sadly this is also where most accidents and deaths involving cyclists occur.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Silly cyclist giving other cyclists a bad name? Tour wannabes?’ is closed to new replies.