Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sigh… skills courses in the North East?
  • kayla1
    Free Member

I’d like to progress from being a big fat scaredy cat over big doubles (chicken run for me every time!) to a super-duper rad-to-the-gnar shred merchant (in a day, ideally) – can anyone recommend a skills course in the North East please?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not NE but close.. done some stuff with the Cyclewise guys over in Whinlatter and there are a few working out of Glentress so depending on where in the NE you are could work.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Having tried a few, I’d always say it’s worth the travel to see Jedi at ukbikeskills. Having said that, if you want “a bit of help” rather than seeking out ” the best”, look for personal recommendations for someone local.

My only advice is to take those recommendations with a pinch of salt as I’ve known some people rave about some very average coaches because it was the only coach they’d ever tried.

chakaping
    Free Member

Gotta be ProRideGuides at Hamsterley, no?

Did a course with them at Gisburn, would recommmend.

northernmatt

There’s Endeavour at Hamsterley as well.

kayla1
    Free Member

Ta for the replies 😀 I’d like a ‘bit of help’ to progress for myself rather than wanting to be ‘the fastest/quickest/best’ at anything in particular I think. I think I’m ok at most things, don’t fall off much, it’s large doubles (G&T for me please!) that I baulk at.

edit- I didn’t know there were courses at Hamsterley- that’s handy dandy, ta.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My other tips would be consider 1 on 1 or with a good mate who is on a similar riding level. Also 2 or 3 shorter sessions rather than one long one session to give you time to think about it/practice and rest your brain.

nickgti
    Free Member

another vote for pro ride guides here, I did the All mountain course with them.
    Very good course

P20

My wife (ahsat on here) has used Ed Oxley (GreatRock) a few times down at Gisburn. She’s about to do a one to one session once her back is sorted. We live in the northeast too, it’s not too bad a journey

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve booked an ‘airtime’ course with Pro Ride Guides at Hamsterley for the end of July 😀 Excited!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sigh… skills courses in the North East?’ is closed to new replies.