Sigh….. Please tell me about garage doors

Home Forum Chat Forum Sigh….. Please tell me about garage doors

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sigh….. Please tell me about garage doors
  • Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Our flimsy one got bent in two by some scrote after my bikes.

Replaced it for £800 with a Hormann sectional one with an electric opener, which according to the bloke is the most secure option.

Conveniently, it cost the same as the quote for Homeserve to replace a flimsy one, so it cost me nothing but a day’s easy work installing it.

Premier Icon Davesport
    Subscriber

Hormann

These do good quality doors & openers. You wont be dissapointed. My double’s 15 years old & the wood’s still in top nick.

D.

wrightyson

Been fitting horman ^^ sectionals on jobs for years, quality bits of kit and highly recommend.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

My door was £800 for a bog standard white wood grain effect wide panel door. ANY other options, even things that shouldn’t add any cost pushed the price up to about £1200 at least.

piemonster

Good ******* lord it’s come to this, ******* posting about ******* garage doors.

WTF happened to me…..

Anyway, garage doors. Secure ones, properly secure ones. Not like the flimsy coke can type.

I really like the Silvelox jobbers, but of a push to spend that much cash. But very nice.

Any alternatives? Any cheaper alternatives?

Anyway, I’m off to cry in a corner at the final death of any excitement my life once held.

piemonster

Okeydokeypiggedypokey

Hormann seem popular. Thanks

andyl

The sideways one is a good idea if you have a lot of people passing by as you don’t need to open it al the way to get a bike out: http://www.hormann.co.uk/garage-doors/side-sliding-sectional-door-hst/

But uses up a wall I guess.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Also, Hormann do a lot of super cool extras like a small human sized door inside your main garage door. These have a name but it’s one of those words I always forget.

Not cheap tho.

beaker2135

Also, Hormann do a lot of super cool extras like a small human sized door inside your main garage door. These have a name but it’s one of those words I always forget.

That would be ‘Wicket Door’

piemonster

I really like the idea of a pedestrian door. Minimises the view into the cave, and the space in there would best be served by an up and over.

If we used it as a garage a roller would be great, but it’s basically a bike shed. And the less fuss involved getting in an out the better, security through obscurity.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I wanted one, too pricey though.

I’m currently researching the radio receiver you can get to operate other things from the spare buttons on the garage remote. I’ve always fancied a gate into my back garden (fnarr) and it’d be cool to have an electric lock operated by the same remote – beats faffing with padlocks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sigh….. Please tell me about garage doors’ is closed to new replies.