Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sigh….. Please tell me about garage doors
  • piemonster

Good ******* lord it’s come to this, ******* posting about ******* garage doors.

WTF happened to me…..

Anyway, garage doors. Secure ones, properly secure ones. Not like the flimsy coke can type.

I really like the Silvelox jobbers, but of a push to spend that much cash. But very nice.

Any alternatives? Any cheaper alternatives?

Anyway, I’m off to cry in a corner at the final death of any excitement my life once held.

molgrips
    Free Member

Our flimsy one got bent in two by some scrote after my bikes.

Replaced it for £800 with a Hormann sectional one with an electric opener, which according to the bloke is the most secure option.

Conveniently, it cost the same as the quote for Homeserve to replace a flimsy one, so it cost me nothing but a day’s easy work installing it.

Davesport

Hormann

These do good quality doors & openers. You wont be dissapointed. My double’s 15 years old & the wood’s still in top nick.

D.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrightyson
    Free Member

Been fitting horman ^^ sectionals on jobs for years, quality bits of kit and highly recommend.

molgrips
    Free Member

My door was £800 for a bog standard white wood grain effect wide panel door. ANY other options, even things that shouldn’t add any cost pushed the price up to about £1200 at least.

piemonster

Okeydokeypiggedypokey

Hormann seem popular. Thanks

andyl
    Free Member

The sideways one is a good idea if you have a lot of people passing by as you don’t need to open it al the way to get a bike out: http://www.hormann.co.uk/garage-doors/side-sliding-sectional-door-hst/

But uses up a wall I guess.

molgrips
    Free Member

Also, Hormann do a lot of super cool extras like a small human sized door inside your main garage door. These have a name but it’s one of those words I always forget.

Not cheap tho.

beaker2135

Also, Hormann do a lot of super cool extras like a small human sized door inside your main garage door. These have a name but it’s one of those words I always forget.

That would be ‘Wicket Door’

piemonster

I really like the idea of a pedestrian door. Minimises the view into the cave, and the space in there would best be served by an up and over.

If we used it as a garage a roller would be great, but it’s basically a bike shed. And the less fuss involved getting in an out the better, security through obscurity.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wanted one, too pricey though.

I’m currently researching the radio receiver you can get to operate other things from the spare buttons on the garage remote. I’ve always fancied a gate into my back garden (fnarr) and it’d be cool to have an electric lock operated by the same remote – beats faffing with padlocks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sigh….. Please tell me about garage doors’ is closed to new replies.