Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sigh… Edinburgh folks, anyone seen an old Soul looking lost?
  • Northwind

Got broken into again today, inexplicably the guy ignored 2 better bikes and nicked my ancient Soul! It is this exact bike, though it now has black Revelations on it, and a KS dropper post (frame is drilled for the dropper)

View post on imgur.com

If it should turn up anywhere, please let me know- Police almost caught the feller after he returned later but apparently he runs so fast he doesn’t actually need a bike. Also taken, a sorter box thing totally full of random spares- 10 years of bolts, brake mounts, spare pads, bearings, all that sort of thing. Worth nothing to the thief but probably a few hundred quid’s worth of stuff in it… Not to mention, it’s all those things that save a late night bike build at the last minute 🙁

andrewh
    Free Member

Only 20 miles from you and in Ed now again so will keep an eye out.
    TBH it’s not difficult to outrun the police, only time they’ve chased me (making a nuisance of myself at a fox hunt) I had a knee injury and the guy I was with was in his late 60s and they were nowhere near, I think the fitness test is just to join, not to stay in.
    Anyway, is it my telephone having a moment or has the picture not uploaded properly? Did you drill the frame yourself? Should be a useful distinguishing feature

jkomo

Sorry to hear this NW. that’s really shit.

piemonster

Will keep an eye out on Fife

arrpee
    Free Member

Jeez, **** living in Edinburgh. Rotten news; can’t be a good feeling knowing the wrong people know about the other bikes on the property.

Northwind

arrpee

Jeez, **** living in Edinburgh

It’s a great place to live and tbh we live in a nice bit too. These things happen, can’t get too freaked out but it is a bummer

arrpee
    Free Member

Oh, I love Edinburgh for a tonne of reasons, but the number of biking mates and acquaintances in that area who’ve had similar experiences lately has been shocking.

dukeduvet

Sad news, in Edinburgh so I’ll keep an eye out.

Gnnr

Will also keep a lookout! Which part of town are you in? I’m in Portobello but work up near craigmillar… Plenty of bikes up there that don’t look like they genuinely belong to their current owners. 🤔

Northwind

To be fair, when I go for a testride in my spannering clothes I definitely look like a bike thief 🙂 We’re up in Currie so on the one hand, pretty nice but on the other, exactly the sort of place that’s actually worth robbing.

burner181
    Free Member

I live near Liverpool, you would t believe how many scally shits on Uni ersal Credit have bikes better than mine.

Some look like cheap Chinese brands mind you, kalosse they’re called. They look well epic, triple clamps, coil over rear shocks and everything. Wouldn’t trust it to jump off a curb though.

kelvin

Sad days.

AlasdairMc

I’m just up the road from you so will keep an eye out. Bunch of dicks.

kimbers

If you’ve not posted it here yet…

http://stolen-bikes.com/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sigh… Edinburgh folks, anyone seen an old Soul looking lost?’ is closed to new replies.