Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sierra Nevada Bike Holiday Recommendations
  • sheppie_hill
    Free Member

A few friends and I are looking at going to Sierra Nevada in September and would love to hear of any recommendations for bike holiday companies. We are general singletrack Trail type riders, not XC but not all mountain types either; enjoying the likes of the welsh trail centers etc.

Anything good or bad to report?

stumpy01

You definitely won't go wrong with Ciclo Montana. Check out there website and have a look on You Tube – there's a few vids.

Run by some great people in a nice location, the accomodation is nice with a pool & decent workshop area overlooking the hills, the food is decent & plentiful, there's a decent amount of Cafe con Leche stops for chilling etc.
    The first ride is a general trail ride to suss out everyone's abilities and then from there the trails are pretty well mathced to your abilities.

The first year I went, the most I had tackled before was Welsh trail centres along with one trip to Glentress/Innerleithen but I found the riding fine. Sure there were plenty of bits that I couldn't do, but it was great at improving my skill level.

Just remember to take plenty of tubes or go tubeless, as most of the Spanish vegetation is pretty spikey & unforgiving on tyres.

They are based in quite a rural location though, so if you are looking to go into a town in the evening for some night-life then you might find it lacking. There is a bar up the road though and to be honest, I am always so tired from a days riding that watching the sunset with a beer and some light bike fettling is all i can manage.

uplink
    Free Member

Sierra Cycling & Joyriders are both very good

ComradeD
    Free Member

I'm going with Switchbacks at the end of March/April, heard nothing but good reports from them

gazza100

Ciclo Montana here.

giantjason
    Free Member

+1 for Ciclo Montana.

How do they do it for the money!!

giantjason
    Free Member

+1 for Ciclo Montana.

How do they do it for the money!!

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

seasonaly unadjusted if he is still about!

Fat-boy-fat

Ride Sierra Nevada were good fun. BIG mountains up and fun down. Plus, Sean is a top bloke.

oxnop
    Free Member

Ciclo Montana here too. Hopefully get back here this year.

Nice family who run it + they will send you a Xmas card

ianpv
    Free Member

Ciclo or switchbacks, both great. Bit more climbing with Mark at ciclo, bit more uplift with switchbacks. Switchbacks are in a bigger village (everything is relative) and we ate out there, but Ciclo are pretty much fully catered. riding is 80% the same, but both companies have a few 'specials'.

I'd recommend either happily. Great riding.

Harris
    Free Member

Another Ciclo Montana regular here. Ten visits to my name.

Blurboy
    Free Member

If you want something a bit different have a look at Sierra Espuna – google Mariposa or look at GEBAS on Everytrail.com. The owner of Orange lives and rides there. Good for us last year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sierra Nevada Bike Holiday Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.