Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sidwell Cycles (Exeter) back in business for servicing
  • luket

Was sad to see Sidwell cycles go out of business a couple of months back after a few years of them fixing the odd bit for me, mostly stuff like hydraulics and wheels for which I think a good mechanic makes all the difference (have had other shops do only as good/bad/amateur a job as I’d done myself). Always did a great job, sometimes for biscuits/ice cream.

Then today someone left a card attached to my bike – magicbikemike.co.uk

Not heard of them but emailed them suspecting it was Ben from Sidwell Cycles and indeed it is. Repairs only, no retail. Here’s wishing him the best of luck. I’ll certainly be using him to fix my next bit of wheel/brake/fork trouble…

meehaja
    Free Member

Two names? Is he a trader on here?

dawson

err, that website looks like a bike shop and yet you say ‘no retail’? Why is it called Magic Bike Mike when your mate is Ben?

eviljoe
    Free Member

2 businesses I think.

Good luck to Ben he’s always sorted my bikes out a treat.

luket

Maybe it is two businesses, perhaps working with some existing business rather than building a website of his own and starting truly from scratch, it might well make sense to do that.

I don’t know him personally other than as an occasional customer of the old shop but anyhow my point was he is offering servicing again, which is good news to those of us in Exeter who have used him before and were sad to see the hole left by Sidwell Cycles closing down. That’s all.

toys19
    Free Member
    DaveT
    Free Member

top stuff, just moved to exeter and my commuting bike needs some tlc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sidwell Cycles (Exeter) back in business for servicing’ is closed to new replies.