Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sidi Mountain Bike Cycling Shoes
  • monksie
    Free Member

I appreciate things like saddles, shorts, grips, helmets, shoes are subjective but overall, are Sidi shoes as good as the advertising and pricing would lead me (at least) to believe.
    I get that Rapha is much more expensive than Endura but then I get that Rapha is much nicer than Endura. Sadly, I can’t really afford the former. This Christmas I’m getting some expensive cycling shoes but I don’t want to be spending somebody else’s £300 when another make at £150 are as good if not better.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Sidi are as good as the fit, like any other shoe. I thought they were the best, then I tried other shoes and found them , for me, maybe not the best.

tang
    Free Member

I’ve quite narrow feet and they(non mega of course)fit really well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    schmiken

If they fit they are great. Had a pair but despite me wanting them to fit, they didn’t. Picked up some S Works that are a lot better for my odd shaped feet.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Disco slipper or trail shoes, I have dominator 5 which I thought were reasonably stiff, till I went to a mavic Alpine xl, far stiffer, more support and a greater shoe for trail riding

scandalous
    Free Member

….are very sexy

Spud

I’ve Sidi road and off road. The Genius 5 road shoes and Eagle off road are more comfortable than the Ergo 3 road I have. The Spider off road are also very comfy. Depends on the last. They can be narrow. And I find I can’t wear winter socks with the Ergo. Ribble had a good sale on recently which is where I got the Eagles. Needless to say they went quickly.

philbert31
    Free Member

I have a pair of Sidi road shoes and to be honest, for me they’re not that comfy, i would imagine the Mtb variants would be similar. I use Mavic Alpine Xl and they are great, really stiff and really comfortable and great for all but the absolute coldest of weather.

EDIT. Plus they’re only about £115 squids and have had two years use and ar still going strong! 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I disliked my Dragons. Admittedly about 8 years ago now, but I don’t get the impression they’ve changed much. They were incredibly comfy off the bike, but not whilst riding, which was a primary use of a cycling
    shoe. S-Works blew them out of the water.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I was a sidi fanbouy until I left my roadies in a hotel then bought some Giro Factors.

I’m not a fan of sidi anymore.

You do need to try them on, sorry but it’s the only way.

ChrisA
    Free Member

I went for Bont Vaypor’s in the end as they fitted much better than the sidi’s I tried. I’ve had mavic fury’s
    In the past but the Bonts are a better fit for me. If I could get some sidi’s to fit I’d love a pair!

Marmoset
    Free Member

i couldn’t justify the expense of new Sidis when I had to replace my Dominators a few years ago. The shimano shoes that replaced them weren’t as comfy, didn’t last as long and where a lot heavier. I replaced them with some Giro Codes at a great price and they’re as good as the Sidis were on the bike but a lot better off it, the heel grips are wider and more stable IMHO. I also have some Ergo 3’s and will have a good look at the Giros again if I ever need to replace them (The one thing about Sidis is they do last a long time)

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I have very wide feet and the Mega (wide) fitting fit me well. They’re dead comfy,but the sole is very slippy. If you ain’t clipped in, after a dab frinstance, and you don’t find the clip 1st time, it’s shin time!

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

Nah, I find Specialized much better. Although as someone has already mentioned, its mostly down to the fit.

oxym0r0n

I like them lots but would not say full price – wait until they come up on sports pursuit. They seem to last and last…

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

I’ve got dominators as I like to ride SPDs, they were one of the few cycling shoes that I could find in size 14 and they had some width options too, they’re comfy and a good buy I’d say

though I will add they’re not easy to walk in, which is fine if you use them as a road shoe like I do, but some people would prefer a bit more stability on foot I’m sure

rhayter

I’ve got a pair of Dominatrors in Mega fitting for my flipper-shaped feet. They’re really comfortable. And they’re pretty hard-wearing. But the touching your foot down on a wet root or rock is like wearing slippers on ice. For that reason, I wouldn’t buy them again.

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks for all the input. I live on the (near) edge and ride almost exclusively around the Peak District so I’m thinking I need to avoid them if they’re slippery on wet rocks. There’s a lot of rocks and it’s always wet round here.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sidi Mountain Bike Cycling Shoes’ is closed to new replies.