Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sid RCT3 function?
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Just got a pair of these forks and had a bit of a play.Mainly ridden on roads at the moment but the lockout seems to have a lot of movement.Played around with the low speed compression also.Some people have said this works like a floodgate but obviously is different as has no effect on lockout.Do other people have the same experiences?
    Thanx,
    Max

nicolaisam
    Free Member

The adjuster on the Top of my RCT 3 makes a massive difference when its in the mid position (RCT3 lever)and you adjust the smaller dial.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    I will have a look at the middle setting.As I said due to the weather i have mainly ridden it on the roads and just thought the lockout would be a lot firmer much like my older Blackbox Sid.
    Thanx,
    Max

slinkybike
    Free Member

You could try the oil level it may be a little low it’s best done with the lower legs off as you can test for hydrolock. Dna mo-co’s I have found need a little more oil and the lockout is not always superfirm. The silver dail is low speed compression and inderpendent of the lockout. I ride my sids almost always in the middle setting.

If your not sure take it back to the place of puchase for some advice.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Right,It looks like there mite b a problem.Took the bike on another road jaunt today ,around 25 miles.Lockout was on and movement was past the 50mm mark which seems a little much as they are set at 100mm.There does not seem to be any difference on all three settings.Unfortunately forks came from the states so my bad for not buying them here.Maybe someone local (or loco) could help me out?;)
    Thanx,
    Max

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sid RCT3 function?’ is closed to new replies.