Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Sick of the rubbish weather. Any adventure films to watch?
  • el_boufador

Hi as title, I am pining for some decent amount of time spent outside, but the weather is just completely rubbish and has been for weeks and weeks 🙁

So, as a substitute does anyone have any documentary adventure film or TV recommendatio that I can stream? Anything really, not just biking, walking or mountaineering, too. Ta

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

The Way with Martin Sheen. About the Camino del Santiago. Brilliant film.

Everest is very very good too.

psling
    Free Member

On a totally different tack (and given the time of year) Life of Brian always makes me smile.

geologist
    Free Member

I like ‘The Big Blue’  A true story about the pioneer of Freediving. Hollywood turned it into a bit of a love story , but it’s still a classic.

geologist
    Free Member

Are there any good films set around walking (I’ll check out the one mentioned above) ?

bigdean

If you have Netfix the barkley matathons is a good hour. Bloke running it is excentricly nuts.

benjamins11
    Free Member

Are there any good films set around walking (I’ll check out the one mentioned above) ?

There is one on youtube called Hooks – its about a man who walks to all the mountain bothies in the Uk and puts up a hook on the back of the door on each one. One of the nicest and most relaxing videos ive seen in a long time. highly recommended.

dannyh
    Free Member

Keeping it weather themed, I would go for Das Boot or the Poseidon Adventure.

bikebouy
    Free Member

What about those Walking Docs that Lev Levison does or Simon Reeve..Or tribal stuff like Bruce Parry??

On demand/iplayer/YouTube..

lotto
    Free Member

A good walking movie is “Wild” Reese Witherspoon. True story too. Pretty powerful. “Meru” for something more climbing orientated.

mattyfez

7 years in Tibet and kundun are worth a watch.

flip456
    Free Member

I’ve just discovered the website ‘reelhouse’ after a Facebook page, linked me to a deal on a bunch of climbing films. There’s loads of great looking stuff there, might be worth a look.

spawnofyorkshire

I watched the Barkley marathons one recently, well worth a watch.

Red bull TV and Netflix seem to have the best selection of adventure documentaries.

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Check this out.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/women-adventure-film-competition-2018

All 30 entries available to watch.

el_boufador

Great thanks for the suggestions!

blooddonor
    Free Member

Have to second the Barkley marathons,on Netflix, I hate running, and I found it  fascinating and funny, in equal measure!!!

oldschool

There is one on youtube called Hooks – its about a man who walks to all the mountain bothies in the Uk and puts up a hook on the back of the door on each one. One of the nicest and most relaxing videos ive seen in a long time. highly recommended.

Second that, brilliant to watch.

rmacattack
    Free Member

the summit wasn’t too bad. how about a nature one like ‘blue planet ‘or ‘planet earth’.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Not a film, but quite an interesting series of adventures at sea, and some truly stunning locations.

(Sailing la vagabonde)

The blokes moustache will annoy you and the sunny locations kind of reminds me of watching ‘flipper’/ ‘whirlybirds’ as a young’un.

myti
    Free Member

Loads of great stuff on redbull TV. Just watched some mental bass jump/wing suit stuff and some equally crazy kayak nutters

el_boufador

Just watched Barkley marathons – great!

Thanks!

dave661350

Look on youtube for Iohan Gueorguiev

Here’s his first clip. Great music throughout the 20 plus videos he has done. Proper adventure

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

greentricky
    Free Member

Currently enjoying working through this series

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Sick of the rubbish weather. Any adventure films to watch?’ is closed to new replies.