Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • scotroutes

We’ve not had anymore snow tonight but one of the local weather stations is recording a chilly -9C.

bruneep

binners

And so it begins. The first person to ignore this at the top of our road:

Has ended up, somewhat predictably, like this at the bottom:

Every. Single. Time.

I’m sure they bounced off the walls a good few times before ending up there.

And its always someone in a similar car, usually a BMW, who thinks because its a bit higher than a Fiesta, it actually has some magical Land Rover-esque off-road capability

Road now closed as they obviously can’t get a recovery vehicle up to shift it. The house at the bottom gave up rebuilding their wall years ago

I’m always intrigued to know how it effects your insurance if you’ve obviously ignored the really visible signage and driven over something used to block the road. Further back from the first photo theres also another sign erected in the road to say the road is closed.

Absolute muppets!

matt_outandabout

I’m always intrigued to know how it effects your insurance if you’ve obviously ignored the really visible signage and driven over something used to block the road

I was under the belief, but have no evidence, that there is a difference between a car being flooded in usual parking place Vs driving into a deeply flood on purpose. One insurance covers, one they cover third party only.

matt_outandabout

We’ve woken to the merest dusting of snow on our road – but nowhere else in Dunblane 🤷‍♀️

iainc

half an inch of wet but lying stuff here in East Kilbride

metalheart
    Free Member

I had to clear the van to drive up the A9 and conduct a site survey in a blizzard* in Helmsdale. Fortunately the gritters had done a couple laps so the road over the hill was fine. Reports that somebody has skited off the road between Munlochy and Avoch…

There are a fair few close cut blown over tree trunks just a bit too close to the edge the road between the bridge and Alness!

*well wind driven snow anyways.

matt_outandabout

Outside the house at Dunblane = 5+ cm at the moment and coming down heavily.

Outside the office at Stirling Uni = green grass and rain.

About 70m of elevation difference.

swavis

Snowing steadily here in Aberlour, hopefully I’ll get some splitboarding in soon 😀

phil5556

Wet snow in Paisley, slush on the ground. Apparently still sunny at home in Ayrshire.

It’s stopped now. We’re supposed to be going away, but not sure what our plans are now.
    Might swap the bikes & kites packed in the van for snowboard & skis.

phil5556

Snowing steadily here in Aberlour, hopefully I’ll get some splitboarding in soon 😀

We were supposed to be heading to Nairn, you’re not far from there are you?

swavis

A bit further south east, and more inland. I don’t know if I’d fancy the A9 today. Good luck if you do go for it, the powder should be epic tomorrow if it stays like this…

scotroutes

Aye, looks like our heaviest dump of the season here in Aviemore.

Northwind

I take this sort of snow as a personal attack. Maybe 2 inches this morning, then it all melted, now it’s snowing again but get your shit together snow, a little bit of organisation and there’d be a good thick layer now.

matt_outandabout

Aye, looks like our heaviest dump of the season here in Aviemore.

Tandoor last night was it?

lovewookie

I take this sort of snow as a personal attack. Maybe 2 inches this morning, then it all melted, now it’s snowing again but get your shit together snow, a little bit of organisation and there’d be a good thick layer now.

its exactly the same here in north glasgow. promise of blustery snow early this morning, turned to a snowmans fart, then nothing.
    I’m really quite disappointed. I was at least hoping for something more…even though I know it’ll rain off over the weekend. then more snow later next week. :-/

mikejd

Roads blocked in Aberdeenshire, A90, A96. Jacknifed lorries, accidents. Still snowing.

blitz

Nice dump in Fife. Pitmedden forest just now

matt_outandabout

phil5556

A bit further south east, and more inland. I don’t know if I’d fancy the A9 today.

We went and got nearly to Perth before the A9 shut. We came off and stayed in Auchterarder for the night. Found a nice gin bar, took the dog for a walk and played in the snow. Next day went for a walk up a hill to a wind farm then headed for Comrie Croft – no snow there at all.

Had a decent couple of days away, not what we’d planned and came home early as we started driving in to more or less blizzard conditions Sunday night.

ahsat

8-A1867-E8-C454-4-B43-BC56-3229-FFBA8889best free photo upload sites

Woken up to this in Aberfoyle

swavis

We went and got nearly to Perth before the A9 shut. We came off and stayed in Auchterarder for the night. Found a nice gin bar, took the dog for a walk and played in the snow. Next day went for a walk up a hill to a wind farm then headed for Comrie Croft – no snow there at all

A good attempt though and it sounds like a more than fitting alternative 😀

The centres should be good this weekend. We made it to the Lecht on Sunday, not nearly as windy as forecast and had a great afternoons sliding.

sharkattack

Pretty heavy snow today in Sheffield city centre. Alternating with blazing sunshine.

I’ve spent the last 4 hours in a room with no windows. No idea what conditions I’ll be walking home in.

Northwind

Been heavy showers here but not really lying well, pretty wet. Ideal weather for a bit of DIY, tracksawing shelf boards in the snaw. Bloody cold though, hands have stopped working.

scotroutes

It’s been snowing on and off all night and all day and is due to carry on well into this evening too. It’s not very cold though so it’s pretty soft at street level. I suspect it’ll be drifting a bit on the hills and mountains too.

I have a bivvy planned for tomorrow night but might have to give some extra special consideration as to location given the amount of snow cover.

scotroutes

Lambing snow!

A couple of cm down to street level overnight.

matt_outandabout

It was even trying here in Dunblane over breakfast.

hot_fiat

Snowing in Whickham this morning when I was on the school run.

NZCol

Was just up Allermuir and its a bit white but blinking cold up there. I rode up there in shorts and short sleeves on Monday !

dannybgoode

Snowing quite steadily here in North Sheffield. Could be early Jan, but the end of March. Might get a fire going…

jeffl

Whereas in sunny Chesterfield 15-20 miles down the road, no snow 🤷

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

Dusting in Cambridge this morning.

kayak23

A fairy dusting in Warwick.

jeffl

Well it appears some snow was deposited overnight as we now have a light dusting in Chesterfield.

StuE
    Free Member

2-3 inches in North Leeds this morning

kimbers

Heavy snow for exactly the walk to school with the kids here in Milton Keynes, sunny now

Superficial
    Free Member

I rode to work in a **** blizzard. It was utterly horrible. It’s sunny now, naturally. Sheffield. Not much has settled.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

A dusting of snow on the Welsh boarders.

Of course in years gone by it would not be unusual at all to have lots of snow at this time of year

johndoh
    Free Member

Had a couple of inches in Harrogate (certainly higher up at the top of the hill where we live).

scotroutes

I passed a few patches yesterday crossing the Minigaig. This was at around 700-750m

Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.