Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • whitestone
    Free Member

Now snowing and mostly sticking here (Skipton hills).

Scapegoat

Yep, started snowing again up here about an hour ago. My son has just managed to get to work from Sorn Estate into Sanquhar and sent pics of some dodgy road conditions.

jeffl

Sleety snowy rain in Chesterfield. Nothing sticking but I’d guess there’s some snow up on Mam Tor.

breadcrumb

Nothing here, probably a bit low but looking up the hill I can see a dusting on the fields.

A bet my usual biking routes are covered, I’ve just sold my fat bike 🤦🏻‍♂️

timbog160

Been snowing all morning in NW Huddersfield. Quite big flakes but not settling much.

brads
    Free Member

“Thunder snow” In East Lothian at 4am today.

frightened the **** life out of me, it actually shook my windows,

dovebiker

We got about 10cm overnight – 300m up, north of Glenlivet. It’s raining now, but due to get re-freeze again and regular snow showers for the next 4 days.

jag61

mrs G school closing early @2.20 due to snow ( holmfirth) yay just wet here at home ( wakey) looking forward to some thundersnow now

jam-bo

Plenty on Dartmoor above ~500m. Bit of a boggy/slushy hike to get to it though.

sobriety
    Free Member

We had sleet-snow-sleet-rain in Nottingham, it hinted at sticking when the snow was at its heaviest, but has all but gone now.

scotroutes

I was up Meall a’ Bhuachaille thùs afternoon. The snow is very wet (and melting) lower down but there’s quite a bit over 750m and I was post-holing thigh-deep drifts in places.

Sandwich

We had a little snow this morning. Bodie has never seen the stuff before it was a bit exciting!

iainc

Slippery in parts today, but a lovely day for a local spin.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Ooh, can I post this, since my other thread died. Nobody goes sledging any more 😔

bsims
    Free Member

We had a little snow this morning. Bodie has never seen the stuff before it was a bit exciting!

Many years ago whilst playing Colts Rugby a similar thing happened with some South Africans who were at the club for a while when travelling. They were running around the training pitch bare foot in only shorts throwing snow at each other – everyone else was inside!

Northwind

fasthaggis

@NZCol
    ,that will be the ‘thunder snow ‘they are banging on about on the radio 🙂 concerned Edinburger folk phoning the polis about explosions/alien invasion ..#thundersnow 😉

I was up late watching a livestream of a gig in the states, looked out the window at 3.30am and saw it was snowing like mad, thought “Ah I’m wide awake and slightly drunk anyway, not getting to sleep soon” so grabbed my kit and went for a quick walk. Which ended up getting me home after 5am, having been along the water of leith a bit, up through currie kirkyard then up the kirkgate and back down poet’s glen to Currie. Didn’t have a light, didn’t matter, the snow was enough to see by even in the woods

I was right at the top of poet’s glen, just after the house there, when the first THUNDERSNOW struck and tbh it was absolutely crazy- the flashes were yellow instead of the usual whitey blue, and the thunder wasn’t just crazy loud, it went on forever, genuinely was still rolling around 2 minutes later. I assume all effects of the snow. Never experienced anything like it, it was absolutely brilliant.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Short hailstorms in Bitterne and Bishop’s Waltham yesterday morning while I managed to push myself out of the door on the hybrid for what unexpectedly turned into nearly two hours, 0C feels like -3C forecast by Met Office around the rush hour tomorrow with a yellow warning of fog too…

Time to fit at least the front ice spiked tyre me thinks, although fortunately I don’t have to face the commute until Tuesday at ~0600, which is expected to be just as cold.

matt_outandabout

Miserable winter Munro conditions today, but not much snow, visibility or indeed comfort.
    Although I did get a message from my friend in Slovakia, and her snow day looked better than mine.

#internationalsnowposting

matt_outandabout

Slowly turning white this morning.

stumpyjon

Same in East Lancs after a night where it felt like there was a hose pipe on the windows.

trap6
    Free Member

After a few cold days it’s e decided to snow a good inch or two here in Shropshire/staffs border

z1ppy

…All the way down to the south staff/Worcester border too

scotroutes

Right here.

Right now.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Look out of window. Has seen whiter lawns after a frost. Takes tea and crumpets back to the duvet. Oxfordshire.

trap6
    Free Member

Erm..twas more than a couple of inches,more like 4″ on our hill

johnw1984
    Free Member

First time I’ve seen snow here for about 5 years, bit of a surprise this morning!

Leigh, Greater Manchester. Seems to always snow a mile in all directions apart from here.

fettlin

Herefordshire/Worcestershire border here, couple of inches on the ground early this morning but its melting already. Although, there are some flakes falling now so fingers crossed!

simondbarnes

Walked up the hill and found a little bit this morning

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Look out of window. Has seen whiter lawns after a frost. Takes tea and crumpets back to the duvet. Oxfordshire.

D’Oh! Finally went outside, turns out it was just frost.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

If only:

Houns

@scotroutes pfffffhh call that snow?! (I think the only time I can say that to you and Swavis)

Well the forecasters fudged that one up. I’ve spent the last 9 hours snow ploughing gritting and breaking the ATV

rOcKeTdOg

snow12-2

Houns

A449 at Stewpony 06:00 today

Trimix
    Free Member

I went for a ride and saw loads of cars driving about with an inch or two of snow on their roofs, but didnt find any snow on my ride round Oxfordshire. Just where did they come from then ?

Northwind

Just enough here to be comically treacherous but the cold ground’s really made a difference, all my local trails have been underwater for ages but they’re hardening up now. I’d forgotten how much I love the noise of fatbike tyres on crackly icy mud, it’s so joyful. And looks like a few days the same, bright and still and cold. Great days for short flat out blasts.

matt_outandabout

The Trossachs have but a dusting.

Scapegoat

Full covering here at Scapegoat Hill, and still snowing hard.

scotroutes

Sorry, been a bit lax. I can confirm we have snow

And a wee bit more overnight.

convert

Where is that?

I have bike/poggie envy. Heading off in a minute. Considering a quick switch to flats to avoid the frozen balls of ice/spd interface issues of yesterday.

scaredypants

morning, sleetwatchers !

Drizzle on the southern frontier
    … but OMG, my car doors were frozen shut

Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.